BAD Me................

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

candypants Posts: 8575
I was due at hosp today to give blood due to really low iron levels. With the roads been bad i didnt want to risk it, so i cancelled and asked them to ring me back to reschedule. BUT - i still took the half day from work :-8 :-8 And am now sitting at home, watching loose women, cup of tea, and tin of quality streets!! Im soooooo bad!! And starting to feel guilty (AFTER a face full of sweets :o0 ) So if i have to go in hosp maybe wed, what will i tell work happened today? Im no use for lying, hence why im never out sick, and work around work for hosp apts to suit them and not me.
happyfamily Posts: 3323
Tee hee hee!! Tell them that the hospital cancelled on you but you were already on your way to the hospital so it was too late to go to work??????
Asscher Posts: 732
I would tell them they want to see you to do bloods again as they are keeping a close eye on it. Feck it and don't feel guilty. Once babs comes along you won't have sneaky afternoons to yourself anymore so make the most of it.
Pheebs Posts: 1102
[quote="Asscher":2pqh30g5]I would tell them they want to see you to do bloods again as they are keeping a close eye on it. Feck it and don't feel guilty. Once babs comes along you won't have sneaky afternoons to yourself anymore so make the most of it.[/quote:2pqh30g5] +1 You need your time to rest :)
bolababy Posts: 706
Tell them hospital rang to say the sample was clotted so you need to go back to repeat
Duffers Posts: 1841
Ooooooh thats bold! Im goggling here thinking you're clever like a fox and wish id been so clever when pregnant with DS! :yelrotflmaosmilie: I LOVE IT!!!!! :innocent:
MrsB1982 Posts: 150
i was gonna say what bolababy said, its a very legit excuse!! good on you! i had an appointment last week at 2.45, but told work it was at 2. left work at lunch time (12:30) and went straight to hospital. explained to woman on desk that work desperately needed me back ( :yelrotflmaosmilie: ) and ended up being home with my feet up for about half past one!! didn't feel guilty at all, management in my work have barely asked how i'm coping, think that they're afraid i'll really tell them if they do!!
candypants Posts: 8575
Well i shouldnt feel guilty, as i was supposed to take the last 2 weeks off work, hosp said to, as my iron was way low, and i didnt because the other girl was on hols, when i let one of the girls in head office know the situation (for her to back off a bit - she puts alot of pressure on) she said "oh you wont be taking that time will you? or the following week as its year end " so as you can see she was very concerned for the health of me and my baby.....................not!
happyfamily Posts: 3323
[quote="candypants"]Well i shouldnt feel guilty, as i was supposed to take the last 2 weeks off work, hosp said to, as my iron was way low, and i didnt because the other girl was on hols, when i let one of the girls in head office know the situation (for her to back off a bit - she puts alot of pressure on) she said "oh you wont be taking that time will you? or the following week as its year end " quote] That's shocking :eek Feck them you deserve the time off when it's a legitimate medical reason!
Daff Posts: 11644
tell them nothing, none of their business! They can ask to see an appointment card but that's it - don't have to give details - especially if they're like that! Learnt a lot from last time, this time I'll be telling them nothing and taking the time I'm allowed instead of running around like a blue arsed fly trying to keep them happy!