Bad news again I'm afraid

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

AudreyJ Posts: 1063
Girls thank you so much for all your prayers and support. I am in tears reading all the lovely messages left for me. Sadly we got bad news this morning. There was no heartbeat, and the baby was only measuring 6 weeks 3 days, so no growth at all in the past few weeks. They have scheduled me for a d&c tomorrow morning. We were prepared for the worst, so in some ways it wasn't a shock, but in other ways it just hits me like a ton of bricks every now and again. It's actually six months to the day since I had the first d&c. I am dreading it but at least it is sooner rather than later and I will just get it over with. The really sad thing for us was that we could see this clearly visible little bean on the scan, the embyro and the gestational sac looked perfectly formed, but not a flicker of a heartbeat in the poor little thing. If I have another scan in the morning we will ask for a picture. The pregnancy was nearly exactly the same as the last one, it just lasted two weeks longer, but we had the same worry and repeated traipsing in and out of hospital for scans, not knowing from one week to the next if things were going to be ok or not, before finally getting the sad news news that our little baby hadn't made it. We are just too sad for words, and I just wonder how many more times we will go through this.
clucky Posts: 26471
ah no Audrey - am in tears reading this was waiting for news from you all day you poor thing - i dont know what to say :thnk :thnk take care you know where we are thinking of you and your DH at this time petal
sarah to be a mrs Posts: 349
oh no hun thats terrible news im so very sorry for you and hubby x thinking of you :xxx xx :lvs
AudreyJ Posts: 1063
Hi Sarah, I saw your other post, so happy for you. The thought that you had lost a twin had actually crossed my mind, but I didn't want to get your hopes up in case that wasn't the case. Thanks for the prayers and congrats pet :lvs I really hope everything goes well for you for the next eight months.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Ah pet, words are just beyond me I don't know what to say, life is just so unfair sometimes. Thinking of you and your DH, take one day at a time pet. Lots of hugs and you're in my thoughts and prayers. xxxx :xxx :xxx :xxx :xxx
sarah to be a mrs Posts: 349
aww thanks audery x im just so sad for you i knew you were having a scan today and was hoping things would be ok x im sorry hope you take care of yourself :xxx xx :lvs
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Ah pet you poor thing, my heart goes out to u and DH, I'm so sorry. We're all here 4 u if and when u need us :action32 Take care of urself Love Bambi xxx
round two Posts: 1018
Oh AudreyJ You poor poor sweetheart. I am so sorry that you have to go through this again. I wish there were words of comfort that I could give you to make it any easier, but all I can say is that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Audrey I'm in tears here for you. Life is too cruel for words sometimes. You're all in my prayers. Best of luck with the op tomorrow. :xxx :xxx :xxx
mammybean Posts: 10364
Audrey i am so sorry for your loss. i know nothing we can say will do anything for you. but i want you to know that im here if you need me