Bad news from the 4th January

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Me Julia Posts: 1352
Hi Well i went for my 12 week scan just over 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately this turned out to be the worst day of our lives. The baby had not developed properly. It was the most awful experience to lie there and be told things were not looking good. I then had to go back over to my doctor and he said they would do a d and c that afternoon. I couldnt believe it. I went in to the hospital 12 weeks pregnant and left that night with nothing. I then spent the weekend resting and crying. But there was more to come. I developed an infection on the tuesday. I went to the doctor in pain and feeling sick. She gave me antibiotics which i took when i got home. I started then being violently sick and running to the loo in such pain. My mum was over from uk thank goodness and she called the doctor who said get to the hospital quick. An ambulance had to be called to take me. They took me to Beaumont who said i was septic inside and then transferred me back to the Rotunda later that night. I then spent 4 days in hospital on 2 antibiotic drips and an injection of antibiotic every few hours. I then had chest pains and had to have an ECG during the night. This turned out to be ok. So its my first day back to work today. I just found out the day before my scan that a girl here is due the same day as i was which makes it quite hard. I had posted on here a while ago saying i might go for an early scan. People said dont worry etc but my doctor said sometimes you do just pick up on these things. So i would say to people, if anything worrys you GO for a scan early rather than leaving things. I know thats what i will do in the future. Hopefully it will happen for us again soon. I just hope i never have to go through that again. By the way any of you going to the rotunda........the nurses etc could not have been any nicer. I was treated brilliantly! Good luck to you all. I wont be coming on here for a while. Its too upseting at the moment.
Cowslip Posts: 761
Me Julia, I am so sorry to hear your terrible news. Its sounds like a truely horrific experience and one we all dread happening. You are being so brave. You sound very strong and like you have a lot of support. Take care of yourself. I hope you have better news in a few months time.
MrsHappy* Posts: 2496
My heart goes out to you, you poor thing. That is such an awful experience to go through. Take care of yourself and hopefully it will happen for yourself and your hubbie soon again.
Skippy Posts: 1834
Oh Julia, what can I say? I am so very sorry for you and your partner, I am 11 weeks and have had 2 scans already because of bleeding etc. My Dr is sending me for another one on wednesday as my MS has stopped being so bad and this can be a bad sign. What you have just been through is my worst nightmare. I wish I could give you big hug. Skip
NotHere Posts: 10273
I'm so sorry to hear that Me Julia :action32 Take care of yourself hun :thnk
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
Julia Im so so sorry to hear of what happened to you and while I really dont know what to say and I know nothing I can say will make it any better of stop the pain, I couldnt read and not reply, take care of your self and DH and your time will come again Im sure of it .
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
Me Julia, So sorry to hear of your sad loss, not much anyone can say just were all here when you feel ready to come back on the forum. Take Care Lucy :xox :xox :xox
Ducky Posts: 2506
Me Julia, my heart is breaking for you here. You poor thing, what a traumatic time for your and hubby. Hope you are OK. Take it easy at work and don't rush back to anything, take your time. And know we are always here if you need us.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Oh pet, I'm so sorry for what you and your DH have been through. All I can do is give you a big hug and say to look after yourselves. ((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Dreamster Posts: 6620
You poor thing, just remember to take thing easy and not to rush yourself in any way. Everyone handles these things differently and you do what you feel is best for you and hubby. Take care