Bad news...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mmgirish Posts: 617
Hey there, I don't know why I'm writing this really, I'm hoping it will help me to write it down. Earlier this week I had some bleeding, (10.5 weeks pregnant) I went to my ob-gyn and had a scan. It showed a large subchorionic hematoma which is basically a blood clot that is nearly the same size as the baby. My placenta has torn away from the uterine wall as well which is causing internal bleeding. My doctor said that she finds it a common condition in teachers as she said that we are constantly moving around so much and have high stress levels. She said that if I don't stop bleeding internally, the baby will die. It was a huge shock. She signed me off work for a week to start off with and prescribed duphaston which is a hormone to help the baby and duvadilan to stop my uterus from contracting. I'm only allowed out of bed to go to the loo. She told me to rest and pray. I've lived in SE Asia for four years now and I've never felt further from home. Has anyone else encountered this? xx
Lizzy1 Posts: 4128
So sorry to hear this, will say a prayer for you both :xox :xox Take care of yourself :lvs
Tinytots Posts: 369
You poor thing, I'm afraid I have no advice to give but to let you know you and little bean will be in my thoughts :action32
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
Oh god, you poor thing. Sorry to hear your going through this. I have no advise but do try rest as much as you can like gp said. I will say a prayer for you and your bean :lvs
Wife09 Posts: 873
mmgirish, Im so sorry you are goint through this. I also had a sub chorionic haematoma and I was told it was very much a 50/50 chance. Im very lucky to have a healthy 17 month month old. Another girl here had it same time as me but unfortunately it didnt work out for her. I think there was another wollie recently who had one and it worked out for her ok. I was bleeding from placenta too and this lasted till 14weeks and then Id a few more scares during my pregnancy and it was a difficult pregnancy but it worked out ok in the end. She was my first so I completely put my feet up for the 14 weeks and hardly left the house at all but dont know if you have other kids to chase about. Try take it as easy as you can. Will be thinking of you!
littlemama Posts: 471
really sorry to hear you're going through this, especially so far away from home. have no advice to give but like the OPs just wanted to wish u the best and will say a lil prayer for ur bean.
ulanzi Posts: 135
I also had the same thing and it resolved itself well. He's almost 13 months now. I really hope that you get some good news xxxx
2ndBaby Posts: 260
Oh Lord, I have no advice for you, but I could not read the post without posting. Thinking of you and will say a prayer that your baby and you will be fine x
bridalnowmam Posts: 2202
i have no advice for you but really hope that your bean sticks and the meds she gave you work Will say a prayer for u
mrsmiaow Posts: 356
I have no advice either but want to say rest up and mind yourself- thinking of you x