Bad news update

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lureal Posts: 455
I went for scan today as I was very anxious. My worst fear was confirmed. They suspect Molar pregnancy. They was a tiny sac and then lots of areas that looked like bleeding in the endometrium. Aneaoic areas or something? Anyway they won't confirm until a scan next week as I am so early but They discussed that it is probably that and to go back in if anything happens. The worst thing is I think it will be a long time before we can ttc again. I wonder do I just have crap eggs. first a blighted ovum now this less than a few months later. We are going away for our anniversary this weekend and hopefully we can enjoy it. Don't know what to do from here.
bubs2012 Posts: 521
Sorry to hear that news Lureal, couldn't read and not reply. Really hope you are ok and it wont be too long before ye will be ttc again.
Wild Child Posts: 1694
Really sorry to read this I hope you enjoyed your weekend away :xox try not to worry too much yet everything could work out to be ok you know they are wrong a lot of the time and it is still very early, I'm also very sorry to hear you have already gone through having a blighted ovum this happened to a friend of mine 3 times before she had her ds and she is now due another only a year and a bit apart Thinking of you :xxx
amberjack Posts: 1273
Hi Lureal, Like Bubs, i couldnt read and not respond. Sorry to hear your news. Can you go for any tests to see if there is any reason for this? Life can be so unfair at times. I don't know much about molar pregnancies or blighted ovums, but I do know how hard it can be to conceive and have gone through all the channels including ivf, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. I spent years TTC, trying everything and thankfully my efforts are about to be rewarded. There is lots of help out there, so do look into it. Try and enjoy your weekend away as hard as it may be. Best of luck. Amberjack
lolabelle Posts: 3311
Lureal I'm so so sorry to hear your news. Look after yourself and have a nice weekend away with your DH. Hope it won't be too long before you are TTCing again. :xxx :xxx :xxx :xxx :xxx
gingerbread1 Posts: 79
Lureal so sorry to hear you news. Sending you big hugs :xox :xox :xox Hopefully next week will give you a clearer picture, they didnt say it definitely was so hoping your little bean sticks..
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
hi hun just wanted to say how sorry I am but I did want to reassure you that its not ur fault or ur eggs fault that u r miscarrying a blighted ovum causes about 45% of all miscarraiges and is very common (I had two before I got pg with DD1) and the molar pregnancy is a placenta issue not egg related at all. Both are fairly common u were just very unfortunate to have both. Try to enjoy ur weekend as much as u can and please don't blame urself this will happen for u xxx
LJMom Posts: 1100
Hi Lureal, Just wanted to say sorry to hear your news & that I went thru a molar pregnancy 12 years ago but went on to have 2 normal pregnancies a couple of years afterwards. Best of luck hun. :action32
milis Posts: 7998
Shite Lureal, just saw this now. That's awful, I'm gutted for you. :o(
spritzer Posts: 625
So sorry to hear this Lureal, take care of yourself :action32