Baggage Fees on Codeshare Flights?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ZeldaToo Posts: 553
Hi wollies, I've posted this in Weddings Abroad too but know lots of the OT wollies are well travelled :o)ll. We're flying out to our wedding in Rome via Aer Lingus to Heathrow and then from Heathrow to Rome via British Airways. The flights are booked through BA which has free baggage and then a codeshare on AL. Does anyone know if we'll still have to pay the baggage fees for the Aer Lingus legs of the journey? Why can't AL have an email customer service O:|. I will ring them if no-one knows but they've got those horrible 2 million quid a second premium numbers grrrrrrrrrrrr.
barneyrubble Posts: 252
streaks Posts: 3592
Sorry no help but.... 2million quid a minute :eek :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Diamondz Posts: 2208
[quote="PrincessSolitaire":3iqzsazs]The flights are booked through BA which has free baggage and then a codeshare on AL. Does anyone know if we'll still have to pay the baggage fees for the Aer Lingus legs of the journey? Why can't AL have an email customer service . I will ring them if no-one knows but they've got those horrible 2 million quid a second premium numbers grrrrrrrrrrrr.[/quote:3iqzsazs] I'm not sure but you would need to check this with BA rather than AL would you not - given that that's who you booked through?? I would have assumed the cost was included, but could be wrong.
Kaycee Posts: 2107
if you booked the whole ticket through BA (with BA flight numbers) the other airlines will honour their baggage allowance. You will have to just pay the BA baggage fees
ZeldaToo Posts: 553
Thanks so much ladies :thnk that is great news :o)ll. [quote="lilmrsgiggles":l0buemku]Sorry no help but.... 2million quid a minute :eek :yelrotflmaosmilie:[/quote:l0buemku] :o0 okay well maybe a slighttttt exaggeration there :o0