Ballinacurra House

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Napoles Posts: 71
Has anyone any experience of Ballinacurra House, Kinsale? It looks like a lovely venue, but some of the info on their website seems a bit contradictory... "If you are looking for a traditional wedding venue in a large hotel ballroom for 100 or more people, then we are not for you" but then further down they say "We are ideally suited for small luxury weddings of up to 50 people in our Ballroom, up to 96 people in our Garden Room or up to 130 people in a combination of both rooms with are inter-connected." Would be interested to hear feedback from anyone who has been there..
kate81 Posts: 24
Is that not the place where the Michael Jackson Seance was held ? http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion ... 64cb7b31e8
spring2010 Posts: 81
I've booked Ballinacurra house, its a beautiful venue (im obviously biased :ooh )...the reception would be held over a serios of rooms so it is a bit different from your hotel...i think the last part about the 130 is a new addition to the website - maybe to open the doors to more people??? You should go for a viewing, it is fab! :wv
Napoles Posts: 71
Hmm sounds interesting. Best of luck with your wedding. It looks like a lovely venue. Yeah, apparently they had the Michael Jackson seance there. What a load of doo dah!! :D Looks lovely on the website though.
FinesseWeddings Posts: 221
Hi Napoles, We recently visited Ballinacurra House to look at it for a wedding we are doing there next year and I have to say it is a really beautiful wedding venue. It is very exclusive and private and ideal for numbers of 100 ish. There is a marquee structure that joins onto the ballroom and the decor in the ballroom is very unique. We found Des and Lisa to be very helpful and professional and you would be well looked after if you booked your wedding there. Hope the post helps you in some way. If you have any other questions on the venue I would be more than happy to answer them for you.