ballintubber candles

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

b2b oct 2009 Posts: 11
hi we are getting married in ballintubber abbey this autumn. as an outsider how did any previous bride find it? we have booked judi roche from balla florists. she will available to do our flowers, lanterns, arch, red carpet etc. we are thrilled. noel ;lavin will do our cake and he is very good. photos, cars, hotel, hair, dresses, suits etc are all booked on recommendations from above. however i am really stuck with make up .......any advice?
Butterbear Posts: 34
Have heard great things about Judi Clarke. We are getting amrried in Ballintubber October 2010. DO you have a contact number for Judi?
Gembira Posts: 847
Hi Waterbabe, Judy Clarke isn't the same as Judi from Balla Florists. I'll pm you Judy Clarke's number. She's based in Manulla but brilliant - I have booked her. b2b oct 2009 - what was the question re Ballintubber Candles?
teletubby Posts: 406
Hi I'll second judy clarke as being really nice. Have just spoke to her over the phone and she is really nice. I don't think she does red carpet though or maybe she does. I didn't ask her.
Hi Teletubby, I was speaking to her myself earlier in the week about the red carpets actually. She doesn't do them. I was asking her if she knew anyone or if she'd heard of the other company I got. I tried Tina at Mayo Wedding Bells and she's already booked for the day of mine. Another girl gave me the email address for a company called go red the day you wed. They've quoted me the same as Tina anyway. Judy has their phone number or I can pm you their details. :) She's such a lovely woman, very easy to talk to and very approachable. xxx
Thanks for letting me know. I was the same as you, tina is booked for my date. I also got a quote from go red the day you wed. I found someone cheaper though if you haven't already booked. Candlelight weddings. they are a supplier on here. Fiona is her name and she is from mayo as well based in Kildare though. for their carper it is just 100 :thnk
That's brilliant, I'll have a look now, thanks! :thnk We're like wedding twins - same church, same florist, same venue... We've obviously got VERY good taste. :o0 xxx
:o0 :o0 ya it's cool O-O what month are you? I'm January. time is flying have only 5 months left :eek :o0 :wv
I'm next May, so you can give me lots of tips about what to do and what not to do!!!! :o0 Can't believe how quickly the time is flying myself. Yours will be here in absolutely no time!! xxxx
Butterbear Posts: 34
Has anyone used the chrome lanterns outside Ballintubber. Thinking of having a few on the steps but worried about hoe they will look??