Ballpark figure for bands

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
The cheapest quote I've got so far is 2,300, right up to 2,800 is this the norm?
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
We're paying €1200 for band and they'll DJ too, 4.5 hours in total. Haven't got any other quotes as we knew we wanted to go with that band.
littlemissus Posts: 481
Between €2300 - €2800 would be about right. I paid €2400 for mine a couple of months ago and a friend of mine is paying something similar for hers this year. The only thing i would say is the band is really important as it can make or break a wedding so its worth it in the long run even though I do agree its fairly expensive.
Yeah, food, drink and music are my top priorities!
OOB Posts: 639
Hi there, We're looking for a band at the moment too and are getting quotes ranging in price from €1700 including D-Jay (only 2 members in band) to €1850 - €2000 for 6/7 piece bands including brass section. One 6 piece band will play and D-Jay for €2000 which I think is a good price - they seem really professional too and are listed on the supplier directory here. I haven't gotten to see any yet but am hoping to in the coming weeks. It all depends on what you want, what you are willing to pay and the size of your reception room too - The biggest quote we got so far was €4000 for a 10 piece! I agree though the band/d-jay is a big talking point on the day....no pressure! Good luck!
Whereabouts did you get those quotes?
mrsmcdreamy Posts: 880
we're getting a 6 piece band for €1650, bargained down from 2k. and theyre really good. happy with that :compress
Hi Jawl I'll PM you details
I'm sorry I can't seem to PM at the moment, having trouble with the site since the layout changed, If you like you could send me an email address and I'll reply that way....
decemberbride2010 Posts: 227
The band we are going with ( Dublin bases) quoted us: full 6 piece band for €2100, 5 piece for €1800