Menu

Ballylickey House Hotel - Cork? Anyone?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MamaKat Posts: 189
Hi ladies, Just wondering if anyone celebrated your big day at this place and if so do you have any feedback? Am having trouble getting any information out of them, but they are not offically open for the season until March. Any comments would be much appreciated! Thanks :wv
gouganebride09 Posts: 557
Had a nosey round there last year it looks fab!!!! No help really sorry!!!
Can I ask why you didn't choose it in the end though? My head is starting to get wrecked already and the wedding is AGES away!!! Am just frustrated trying to organise things from Dublin, and cannot see a trip down there in the near future (don't drive (YET) and have a toddler with no babysitters)..... Sorry rant over now. It will all happen eventually I am sure. How are your plans coming along?
Hi Mama Kat.. I had never considered any other hotel other than the gougane barra hotel across from the church..was just looking at the hotel in case of guest over spill.!! When was your wedding again? Mine is in September,I will be travelling down there a good bit over the summer so if you fancy a lift let me know O:o) Could be good to share petrol costs!
Thanks for the offer of lift - would gratefully accept it!! Do let me know when you are going down and wouldn't mind a passenger with you! Wedding is not until next year so have plenty of time to organise things.. I really want to fall in love with the gougane barra hotel as it would be a) the easiest option! and b) perfect setting, right beside the church etc! Hopefully when i actually visit it, it will all fall into place! God, this september is not far away at all - you must be getting SO excited now!!
No problem, I will let you know, it will be handy to have a passenger to help change dd dvd's!!! Have not done any planning in ages, will get in to it soon though. The hotel near the church is lovely and quaint , maybe not every ones cup of tea but it makes sense to me to have it there, I really wanted to stay close to the church and the lovely scenery :xox Hotel is a bit old fashioned but suits the area.