Menu

Ballymagarvey Village...

Go to Feedback

poppet56
Princess Wolly

Re: Ballymagarvey Village...

Postby poppet56 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Hi Girls,

Just wanted to say we had our tasting in BMV last night and what a treat it was! The food was DIVINE! Whatever you are worried about re your wedding, after last night we can definitely rest assure the food and service will be amazing! We did a group tasting so we got to meet 4 other couples which was really great too. I dont know what we are going to choose as absolutely everything was just beautiful and presentation was excellent too! Gillian and Peter were really helpful and as hospitable as ever, nothing is a problem and anything we asked it was no problem. The waiter who was there last night was just lovely - i find all the staff there so professional and charming and the guy last night was excellent at what he does. I really felt we were treated like VIP's last night........i envy all of you guys who have yet to have your tasting! Enjoy! :lvs
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

lisa2009
New Wolly

Postby lisa2009 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:10 pm

Thats great to hear always good to hear good reports its hard to get feedback on things.
Dying to have ours we are July 17th so a bit to go yet plenty other things to keep me busy !! :eek

elle79
Mini Wolly

Postby elle79 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Oooh that's brilliant to hear poppet. We're doing our tasting in May - am bringing my parents as well and just can't wait. I've heard so many god reports about the food that I just know it's going to be delicious.

Did they advise you on wine to go with the courses?

poppet56
Princess Wolly

Postby poppet56 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:24 pm

HI Elle

are you just doing your tasting on your own or the group one? didnt think there was an option to bring parents?

yeah they had some lovely wines for us to try but they werent pushy - just asked what we would like to try and then every so often asked would we like to try a different wine - good selectio of wines to choose from and we had Prosecco reception when we arrived which was really nice touch! :o)ll
[/url]

elle79
Mini Wolly

Postby elle79 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi

yeah, Gillian always said to me that we could bring 4 people, which I'm delighted about! Good to hear about the wine - we'll probably bring in our own but would like to know their possibilities as well!

Exciting times... :wv

poppet56
Princess Wolly

Postby poppet56 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:48 am

Am i the next wollie getting married in BMV - i am 15th May - 11 weeks and 4 days to go! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
[/url]

Service Finder
lisa2009
New Wolly

Postby lisa2009 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:07 pm

It will fly in for you ! we are July 17th things really starting to get sorted now !! its great to hear othepeoples details and how you are doing thins in BMV on your day !! What band are you having ?
Did you have trouble filling the rooms in the main house was worried they might be a little pricey i have all the cottages filled with close family and friends. :thnk

poppet56
Princess Wolly

Postby poppet56 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:36 pm

We are having connor mckeon and the legends of sweing - they are amazing!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
who are you having?
Oh dont talk to me about accommodation, extended family being right pains in the asses!!!
We had it all filled and then only this last week ppl have started dropping like flies!!! one uncle who actually swooped in and rang BMV direct before i even allocated rooms taking 4 rooms....he just put a PS on the end of an e-mail about an unrelated matter 'oh yeah by the way changed mind on accommodation - we are not staying' i couldnt believe the cheek!!! and thats only the start! : (
so we are gonna start getting deposits off people and only then assign them the rooms. sick of ppl messing us around! O:| O:| O:|
[/url]

lisa2009
New Wolly

Postby lisa2009 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:45 pm

I dont believe it thats so unfair to do that to you. yea i hope i get them filled there are other cheaper accomodation options around Gillian gave me a list of a few others in the area. We are having Moog69s really love them great fun and we are having manilla strings during the meal and drinks reception. Trying to get honeymoon sorted now its a disater we cant decide on anything !!

Mrs suz.ie
New Wolly

Postby Mrs suz.ie » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi All BMV Brides,

As some of you know I got married in BMV 3 weeks ago, I am still on such a high and I thought it only right to share it with all you up and coming BMV Brides as soon as I could. (We just got back from honeymoon in Cuba yesterday!!) :o)ll I haven't posted too many times but have always kept an eye on this thread and soaked up all the feedback and chat in the hope of getting a report, thanks to the girls who have posted about their day, it does put your mind at ease and all advice was always gratefully received, I hope some of you will find this helpful too...

I'll try and keep it brief for now because I will do a full wedding day report later in the week, In the mean time here goes.

I got married in Rathfeigh church with Fr Thomas, for those of you who are doing the same, you are truly blessed. What was the most nerve wreaking part of the wedding for me ended up being the most special, he put us at ease and we smiled and enjoyed every second of it. The church was very intimate and romantic and Fr Thomas said the most wonderful and kind words for us. Rathfiegh is my home parish church which made it even more special.

So as a newly married couple DH and I headed to Ballymagarvey, driving up the driveway we were beside ourselves with excitement as our party was finally about to begin. We pulled up to the front door greeted by Peter and Gillian and the other house staff, stepped onto the red carpet, were handed a glass of champagne and we felt like Hollywood movie stars!! We had a great chat and a laugh with Peter and then headed inside for a mingle... Ladies, be prepared for complement city, every one was floating from room to room and we could hear passing oooohhhs!!! aahhhhs!!!, wows! Everyone looks for a wow factor for their wedding and ours lasted from 3pm to 6am!! :-8 and you don't get much better then that. Anyway luckily the day was dry and actually warm enough to do all our photos out side, our photographer was in heaven and we did a full circuit of the grounds until eventually the cold set in and we rejoined our guests, Peters personally made mulled wine did the trick in heating me up. I loved being in the house seeing and chatting to everyone, it's so comfortable and homely that you could be in your own front room (well if you lived in a five star mansion!!)

At 5.30pm Peter invited all our guests to make their way to the Banquet Hall and DH and I had a wonderful few minutes to chill out by the fire and catch up. I later asked my BM what was the vibe in the hall when everyone arrived and she said that everyone was equally wowed and impressed with what the saw!

Now the food, as I said already be prepared for all the complements you will receive about the venue, now you will do it all over again with the food, we had the 'Quail' for starters (went down a storm, we figured it was something different that people probably wouldn't normally take the chance on in a restaurant but would give it a go if put in front of them, it worked!! even my 3 year old nephew wanted more!! Then we had 'Veg Soup' (to balance it out for those not so adventurous with the Quail) fillet of beef (too good for words) and monkfish and creme brulee for desert, all delicious , the top table were even offered seconds of everything. For those of you who have already had your tasting you will know what I"m talking about, the food like this is worthy of many Michelin stars!! Another big talking point from the guests was the waiting staff, this surprised me as not many people (me included) would pay much attention to staff unless they were bad, everyone was complementing how abundant, efficant and at the same time invisible the staff were and that their wine glasses were always topped up, there was no waiting what so ever for food and when it did come out it was piping hot, we had 140 people at our wedding and it is a real credit to Peter, Gillian and their team for such a seamless operation.

We then proceed to dance the night away, now our band came on very late O:| , (there'll be more about that in my full report, but in the mean time it is worth informing your band that they need to bring their gear in via the Bar and to allow time for that. It would make sense for them to bring their gear as far as the Bar while the speeches are going on so there is minimum waiting time for set up in the main room, unfortunately our band didn't do this.) This meant quite a few guests headed straight to the bar, they did come back in for the first dance, but because they had settled in the bar, quite a few of them did go back in. Now having said that, this is bound to happen at some stage during the night because there no bar in the main room, but wasn't banking on it happening so soon. However most of my & DH friends and family still filled the dance floor for most of the night and it was the best fun I ever had.

Once the band finished a lot of the non residents left, (this was probably around 1ish) at this point it seemed like a bit of an exodus, but once again I think it is to be expected if they have to travel to their hotels, I did get a pang of 'oh no it's ending too soon'! Until I realised that everyone that was left were 40-50 of our core gang all of whom were staying at the venue and who we had offered rooms to first. This is a big thing to remember when allocating the rooms, offer them to your close friends and family who will party the night away with you. And party the night away is exactly what we did :hic

(Poppet, I feel your pain with people changing their minds, we had this on the week of the wedding with two of our rooms, try and use it to your advantage and get your friends in the rooms now that your uncle has cancelled - cant believe he booked them without you knowing in the first place!!)

So then the next stage of the partying started. The DJ finished up just after two and we all headed into the bar for a sing song. My brothers had brought a guitar with them and printed out the words of loads of songs and passed them round (we are quite a musical family and a sing song always plays a big role in family parties,) We sang our hearts out til 3.30am when the bar closed and then all proceeded up to the house, where we sat in front of on of the many still roaring fires and belted out a few more tunes until 6.30 am!! This was so brilliant, we really made the most of having the venue to ourselves and when we all eventually headed to bed our friends were still complementing us on it being the best wedding they'd ever been to. :compress

The next morning the post mortem started around the breakfast tables and the laughing and showing of photos on everyones camera was nearly as much fun as the wedding. We stayed until the afternoon exchanging stories, some guests when back to bed for a nap, others went out for walks around the grounds, but most of us got comfortable in front of the fire and nursed our sore heads drinking coffee saying we could move in here and stay the week!!

Our party continued until 4.30am the following morning back at my folks house but will fill you in on that in my report.

So that's it in a bigger then planned nut shell. For all the BMV brides to be, rest easy that you have chosen well and that Peter, Gillian and staff will make your day the more special then you could ever dream of.

I will give a full list of suppliers in my full report but please Pm me if you have any questions or queries.

Here is a link to our photos:
http://www.karinafinegan.com (go to Client Login, then 'weddings' then 'Susan and Pete') Enter your own email address, Password: susanpete

Be warned there is nearly 900 of them :ooh
The church photos start at page 12 in the thumbnail gallery and BMV start at 22.

Su. xxx
[/url]

PreviousNext

Go to Feedback