Ballymagarvey Village vs Middleton Park House

Go to All Things Wedding

baby ball
New Wolly

Ballymagarvey Village vs Middleton Park House

Postby baby ball » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:45 am

I've narrowed my venue choices down to Ballymagarvey and MPH and finding it really hard to decide between the 2. Would love to here peoples thoughts on these venues. They're both beautiful but BMV is more expensive, and MPH is further from the church.

Scruff1
Empress Wolly

Re: Ballymagarvey Village vs Middleton Park House

Postby Scruff1 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:35 pm

Ballymagarvey Village by a mile if you can afford it. Still can't believe they haven't dropped their prices!

katiebear60
Mini Wolly

Postby katiebear60 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Hi Baby Ball,

You might aswell be me 5 month ago!! I had exactly the same dilemma.... When I orginally saw Ballymagarvey I fell in love with it and was sure that no other venue could some close.... We went a viewed lots of places and none of them could touch Ballymagarvey in my opinion... Then I stumbled upon MPH browsing one day (it was the main staircase that attracted me) We went to view it and was totally shocked when I fell in love with that too!!
It's a different type of venue but equally as fabulous in my opinion... I Feel BMV is more modern chic whereas MPH is country chic!! We are both lovers of all things country and H2B really loved the idea of being lord of the manor for a day so in the end we went with MPH....I'm delighted with our decision... Equally beautiful venue and we are getting far more value for money..!!!
If you want anymore info about MPH let me know...

Good luck with the decision... not an easy one I know!x

baby ball
New Wolly

Postby baby ball » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:06 am

Thanks for the help. Bmv is only 45mins from the church and mph is 1hr 15 from church- I think this is too far to ask guests to travel?

katiebear60
Mini Wolly

Postby katiebear60 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:44 am

Travel time is most definetly a factor to consider..... I had reservations about this to begin with ( MPH is an hour's drive from my church) but in the end (and having driven it myself a couple of times) I decided it was worth it....

BMV is such a stunning venue too... I don't think you'll be disappointed whichever venue you decide upon.... :)

AwkwardAnnie
Woloholic

Postby AwkwardAnnie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:56 pm

What is the maximum amount of guests that Ballymagarvey Village can cater for??

Jennies Invitations
milehigh band
WOL Network

Postby milehigh band » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi Baby Ball,

Just a quick tie in that might be of interest. We filmed a recent music video at Ballymargarvey (6 weeks ago) and you might be interested in seeing the hotel on film.

http://milehigh.ie/watch-our-video/

Ballymagarvey is a great venue and the staff there are lovely. Also a lovely intimate room ands great for a party.

I also have to say that Middleton House is a great venue as well. We have been there twice this eyar as well. Very different venue but both quality orientated and you will have a great day at either.

Best of luck with you decisions and if there is anything else i can give my ten cents on let me know.

Paul :wv
http://www.milehigh.ie for Music Videos and Sample Songs

See the Band at one of our residency venues. Details on our website.

Irish Wedding DJ
WOL Network

Postby Irish Wedding DJ » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Two great venues, both in their own right but personally for me it's Ballymagarvey Village.
I like a dedicated function room with a dedicated dance floor and I feel that this is where BM has the slight advantage.....
Ruairi Finnegan - Irish Wedding DJ & Uplighting Service
Finalist - Wedding DJ of the Year 2013 | 2012 | 2011

Penny Hill
Wolly Addict

Postby Penny Hill » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:56 pm

MPH recently got an extension in the reception room, so is big enough now to have dancing there

Rosyposy31
New Wolly

Postby Rosyposy31 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi there,
I'm getting married in Ballymagarvey, also looked at MPH but decided against it as my Mam and Dad stayed there and said that the food wasn't great. BMG is really beautiful although I am biased! We're having 120, I believe it can hold about 160 anyway. On a good note as well they are passing on the VAT reduction :)

Next

Go to All Things Wedding

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Swords Business Campus, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 905 9680 Email: [email protected]
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T