Menu

Balyna House Query

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PrincessPixie Posts: 4
Hey all, I've just joined this site and I'm looking for a bit of help!! we recently got engaged :xox and have been SEARCHING for that 'perfect' venue. We have been looking for that country house feel and came across Balyna house in Moyvalley. I fell in love with it but h2b not entirely convinced! We have 108 (I know very precise!) on our guest list and were wondering has anyone been to a wedding or had a wedding there with that amount of guests. What I really want to know is if the room was a bit squashed for the meal? there will be 12 at each table!! Hopefully somebody can help :heartbeat:
terribletwin Posts: 1
Hi there, We had our wedding in Balyna House on 1st September and not only do we think it was the best wedding ever, so many of our friends and family agreed!! Balyna House is such a hugely unique venue for a wedding and I honestly cannot praise the venue and team highly enough. I was quite a difficult customer, firstly organising the wedding in 5 months from the middle east and secondly being an events manager myself! Lana was amazing from the very first email and I really can't fault anything in the place. So...now onto your actual question! We had 92 in total which was great (we started at 125 so you will find that your date doesn't suit everyone you invite obviously!). The dining rooms fit 4 round tables in the smaller room and 5 in the larger room. 3 of these 9 tables are 'small' and fit a maximum of 10 people and the other 6 tables are 'large' and seat upto 12 people. The 12 is a little bit of a squeeze but totally manageable. Stop hesitating and get booking!!
PrincessPixie Posts: 4
Thanks so much for the reply! Glad you had a great day. In the end we chose a different venue for a few different reasons that I wouldn't have been able to compromise on!!