Band & DJ for €1,500 - 29th March 2014

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ebaybride Posts: 101
I'm looking for a band & DJ to play at our wedding in the Cavan area on the 29th March 2014, my budget for both is €1,500. The band must be able to play a good mix of the jives, waltzes, etc for the older crowd and the more modern music for the younger guests, Kings of Leon, Snow Patrol, etc. For the disco, we would again be looking for a mix, some 70's/80's mixed with modern rock/pop. I would appreciate if anyone could suggest good bands that may be within our price range. Thanks, Brideonabudget2014
yabyrne Posts: 2
Hi, I have booked band Ruffus, 3 guys €1200 for band + dj €150. Im not sure about the old music - they would be more a rock band, thin lizzy, kings of leon type. Might be worth a look. Hope your plans go well. :wv
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Have you looked at Temptations from Navan?? I think they are €1300??
Snuffy Posts: 1492
[quote="yabyrne":3hdb6jr4]Hi, I have booked band Ruffus, 3 guys €1200 for band + dj €150. Im not sure about the old music - they would be more a rock band, thin lizzy, kings of leon type. Might be worth a look. Hope your plans go well. :wv[/quote:3hdb6jr4] Have you booked them for midweek or weekend? I like that they're more of a rock band. Himself will definitely like it, will have to show him later. It's a great price!
puddin2 Posts: 1093
Facevalue who are based in Galway but I think they travel are €1500 for band and DJ and they play a good mix of music genres
mrsbrowne2be Posts: 71
I've gotten a quote for Vision the band who are based in Mullingar for 1000 for the band and DJ after, for 2014 also! Again they are more of a rock type band but i am sure, in this economy, they would be willing to try and accommodate you. Met them at a wedding fair and the main lad was dead sound. Have a look at their website
castaway Posts: 296
[quote="Snuffy":2klr3dit][quote="yabyrne":2klr3dit]Hi, I have booked band Ruffus, 3 guys €1200 for band + dj €150. Im not sure about the old music - they would be more a rock band, thin lizzy, kings of leon type. Might be worth a look. Hope your plans go well. :wv[/quote:2klr3dit] Have you booked them for midweek or weekend? I like that they're more of a rock band. Himself will definitely like it, will have to show him later. It's a great price![/quote:2klr3dit] Just listened to there demo.....BRILLIANT , think we might make a trip to see these guys