Menu

Band, DJ, Photographer Co Down

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

red Posts: 444
Anyone able to recommend a super cool band, DJ or photographer who'd be in the vicinity or able to travel to a wedding in Co Down? Don't know where to start as we are not from there. Thanks for ANY advice.
mcd08 Posts: 425
Keir Simpson for photography - I have booked him, 3 other people in my office used him and all their photos were lovely and my cousin used him too, he'll do a range of casual and formal and has a range from normal albums to the gorgeous magazine style. On his website he has a good gallery of work. http://rightangle-photography.co.uk/ Contact details - Keir Simpson Phone 028 38391783 Mobile 07747 135393. He comes across as very laid back and I have seen him 'in action' at my cousins wedding, but he seemed to get all the shots she wanted without being bossy. Hope that helps!
Spadger Posts: 88
Hya Im living in County Down but originally from Dub, getting married up her. Try www.actoneentertainments.com, think thats the right address for bands and djs..........
mammybean Posts: 10364
have you heard the band the whole hog? i was tempted to ask them to come to waterford. i am from down, they played my brothers wedding, the also do they DJ. there is a gret photographer in newcastle, up near the slieve donard, cant think of her name though
Sunbeam Posts: 2721
I'm getting married in Co. Down and have booked Des Rowan of Northern Exposure for my photos. He's fantastic! Our band is my fiance's cousin's band that have played at a few weddings we've been to. They are called Impact and are based in Newtownards - if you want more details, pm me - happy to help! They will play all night so you won't need a DJ!
sunbeam u from down? me too
Yeah Beanies! I'm from Bangor, but we're getting married in Newcastle and we're moving to Yorkshire before the wedding! I like to keep things complicated!! :o0
are you having your reception in newcastle? I am fro saintfield but moved here 5 yrs ago so didnt see point in going home
Yeah, having the civil ceremony and the reception in the Burrendale Hotel, so not that far from Saintfield. I love the Burrendale - so homely but special!
my brother has his wedding in the burrendale, if i was getting married at home i would have been having my reception there. its so classy. when are you getting married