Band times

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

scrunch Posts: 450
Hi. Just wondering what the norm is for the duration that the band plays for ? Is it 2 hours plus half an hour or is it 2 and half hours plus a half hour break ?! Thanks a mill.
Goodfellas Posts: 979
With so many different bands out there, there is no "norm", Pigeonpie. But you can clear this detail up with your band when it comes time to book - get them to clarify exactly what they are going to do in terms of time AND the break, and stick it in an email to you, so you have a record of it. Most bands will make sure you're happy with the time they played, and they're already set up and there, so playing is not usually a problem. However, a clever thing to do is not to have them there too early, because you may be worried about a gap between the end of the meal and the band starting. What to do is work backwards from the END of the night forwards. Let's say the end is 2am. Then the DJ does 2.5 hours, bringing you up to 11.30, so the band is 9 to 11.30, assuming they do 2.5 hours. Those are just times off the top of my head, but you get the idea. Peole worry needlessly about the gap between the meal and the band - don't worry about that. Your guests will want to stretch their legs, freshen up - some of them will change clothes - or they'll meet up with old friends with family and chat. Its usually a welcome break in the proceedings. Feel free to PM me with any further questions and I hope it is of help. regards Michael
scrunch Posts: 450
Thanks Michael !!That's a great idea will work it back from the end point. Just wanted to be sure that I was getting the best deal in terms of how long they play for.... But that all makes sense !!
Goodfellas Posts: 979
Its confusing at first alright! Took me a while to figure out that was how to do it! :) PM me with any specific questions, by all means Michael