Bank Name Change

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Grotty Dotty Posts: 751
How easy is this? I have changed it with payroll/pensions/HR at work. And my IT people have changed my name to my married name. Revenue are sending me out forms. And I need to change with the bank. Is it easy?
Laurad999 Posts: 123
I just went into the branch with my marriage licence and filled out a form. My cards are still in my old name though I guess it will change when they expire. I think in the bank you are a number more so than a name :ooh
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
Ovulationnation, the bank should have changed your cards as week, when they renew they will renew in the old name so you should give them a call. I'd say the staff member changing your name just forgot to order them Gritty, yeah as Ov said, you just need to go in with your marriage cert and they will take a photocopy of it and get you to sign a form
Mrs W Posts: 2923
My cards were reissued in my new name too so I'd ring them if you hadn't got it by now
Laurad999 Posts: 123
Thanks ladies I will give them a call in the morning and see why they weren't reissued.
Nervous2join Posts: 125
Ovulationnation, me too. Im with TSB and they said they dont reissue new cards and I now get confused when you are asked for name on card when you are paying online as account and everything in married name but maiden name still on my card. I asked for new one and they told me they would have to immediately cancel my existing card and I would have to wait for new card in post which in inconvenient