Banned - Page 7

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

TracyBarlow Posts: 943
I dont post here often, normally just pop in and out to read now that im married and dont need to use the site as much, but, at the risk of getting my head bitten off, i do think you kinda went after that girl from the get go hotpants/coldpants. :-8 Your first post to her was more backing up BH than pertaining to the original post or giving your opinion on her dilemma And i think having a go at her for daring to get married in a church, when she was being a complete hypocrite and slagging off the church was just a wee bit over the top. Im sure if all brides were completely honest, they would agree they are only getting married in a church cos its the done thing/to keep their parents happy/to keep up appearances,and not for their love of Catholicism and the Church. ;) Are all these brides attending mass every sunday, confession, following the rules of the catholic church to the letter, no sex before marriage etc etc? I dont think so. And unfortunately Catholicism is not an a la carte religion, its all or nothing, as we've been told, so it could be argued that none of you have any right to have a church wedding either. Just an observation, not trying to start a row here, but i think that girl was unfairly chastised for having a rant about a priest who pissed her off. Whether you should have been banned for that? Not for me to say. :xxs For the record, i didnt get married in a catholic church as i dont believe in their teachings and stance on a lot of issues pertaining to modern day life. ;)
coldpants Posts: 57
Hi Cherry I am not getting into another Religion debate, i made my views clear before. All i will say is that i was not the only person who challenged Islandill (who was not the OP btw) and was not "the worst" either. Also, her remarks to me and other users were more "agressive" than anyones.
BlossomHill Posts: 2169
[quote="CherrieChapstick":1a16ppxe]Just an observation, not trying to start a row here[/quote:1a16ppxe] Are you sure of that CherrieChapstick?
[quote="CherrieChapstick":g29joidh]Just an observation, not trying to start a row here, but i think that girl was unfairly chastised for having a rant about a priest who pissed her off.[/quote:g29joidh] And just an observation here, but you mustn't have read the thread cos she was chastised for tarring all "church people" with the same brush and for using the church for pretty pictures and having to pay for it.
BlossomHill Posts: 2169
[quote="coldpants":jkrz6wwb]All i will say is that i was not the only person who challenged Islandill (who was not the OP btw) and was not "the worst" either. Also, her remarks to me and other users were more "agressive" than anyones.[/quote:jkrz6wwb] I concur wholely with the above. Hotpants AKA Coldpants did not deserve to be banned because of said priest thread. Islandlil wrote a lot of very offensive things......likening priest to Nazi on page 1! and upset a lot of people
Doll Face Posts: 3721
Me thinks shes trying to get a rise out of you !!!
TracyBarlow Posts: 943
[quote="BlossomHill":3djfqj1n][quote="CherrieChapstick":3djfqj1n]Just an observation, not trying to start a row here[/quote:3djfqj1n] Are you sure of that CherrieChapstick?[/quote:3djfqj1n] Yes, positive of that, and i would have posted this on the other thread, had it not been locked. I read the other thread for the first time today, from the link to it here, and just wanted to give my opinion as an uninvolved outsider with no bone to pick with anyone. Hotpants/coldpants, i do agree that you were not on the only person who gave this girl a hard time, and i do think it should have been a case of one rule for all, if there was banning to be done, but im not Admin, so i dont know the reasoning behind their actions to only ban you. The main argument of the thread seemed to be that she was not entitled to have a catholic church wedding because she dissed the priest, and made a few choice comments about the church, and i just wanted to make the point that if everyone asked themselves why they wanted a church wedding, and looked at the rules and regulations that entitle a couple to have one, then they might not be so quick to judge someone elses entitlement to that. If there were posts missing from the thread, and ive missed some vital info, then sorry, but i was just going by what was on the thread as of today. And i swear, im not trying to rise anyone.
Mcfee Posts: 3
[quote="Doll Face":1b1tvc37]Me thinks shes trying to get a rise out of you !!![/quote:1b1tvc37] what a challenge!!!
[quote="Mcfee":2xw9sv64][quote="Doll Face":2xw9sv64]Me thinks shes trying to get a rise out of you !!![/quote:2xw9sv64] what a challenge!!![/quote:2xw9sv64] :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: Another new user! Welcome :wv
jamjars Posts: 1721
[quote="coldpants":1un46jil]Also, her remarks to me and other users were more "agressive" than anyones.[/quote:1un46jil] +1 I don't think there was any sort of bullying here to be honest. I think everyone very clearly had strong opinions on the matter and that islandlil gave just as good as she got.