Banned - Page 9

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

whoop Posts: 1310
Why on earth do people report to admin? It's an internet forum if you don't like a thread don't get involved in it, if someone insults you take it on the chin or else hit the bloody foe button without clogging up a thread whinging about how someone annoyed you blah blah. Coldpants - if you feel vindicated or bullied by users in the OF thread then you can go to admin and we won't tell anyone
scoutf Posts: 667
[quote="CherrieChapstick":3ip4ck9x] Im sure if [u:3ip4ck9x]all brides [/u:3ip4ck9x]were completely honest, they would agree they are only getting married in a church cos its the done thing/to keep their parents happy/to keep up appearances,and not for their love of Catholicism and the Church. ;) Are all these brides attending mass every sunday, confession, following the rules of the catholic church to the letter, no sex before marriage etc etc? I dont think so. And unfortunately Catholicism is not an a la carte religion, its all or nothing, as we've been told, so it could be argued that none of you have any right to have a church wedding either. [/quote:3ip4ck9x] I have to take exception to that statement. I know plenty of people who are practising catholics and got married in the church for that reason. My own religious beliefs are the reason I want to get married in a church. My sister married in a reg office so I'm certainly not doing the church wedding to please anyone else. Be mindful of making statements that are gross generalisations
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
[quote="scoutf":gtlfg5h2][quote="CherrieChapstick":gtlfg5h2] Im sure if [u:gtlfg5h2]all brides [/u:gtlfg5h2]were completely honest, they would agree they are only getting married in a church cos its the done thing/to keep their parents happy/to keep up appearances,and not for their love of Catholicism and the Church. ;) Are all these brides attending mass every sunday, confession, following the rules of the catholic church to the letter, no sex before marriage etc etc? I dont think so. And unfortunately Catholicism is not an a la carte religion, its all or nothing, as we've been told, so it could be argued that none of you have any right to have a church wedding either. [/quote:gtlfg5h2] I have to take exception to that statement. I know plenty of people who are practising catholics and got married in the church for that reason. My own religious beliefs are the reason I want to get married in a church. My sister married in a reg office so I'm certainly not doing the church wedding to please anyone else. Be mindful of making statements that are gross generalisations[/quote:gtlfg5h2] Here here. Had the intention of posting similar earlier but I got side tracked (dam you real life....) Any who Cherries post is a GROSS generalisation of people and Im actually surprised that there hasnt been more of a backlash. Elmo, while I agree that her point is a fair one, generalising ALL brides in a bit much
TracyBarlow Posts: 943
Please feel free to take exception to it, but the point im trying to make, is that were they all to look at the doctrine of the catholic church and religion, they would probably find at least one rule that they are not fulfilling to the letter of the law, and therefore could also be told that they dont deserve to have a wedding in a catholic church. Is someone else more deserving of a church wedding because they go to mass every week, but have sex outside of marriage, than someone who maybe goes to mass for weddings and funerals, and has a rant about a priest, and the church? Which is the lesser rule to break, and therefore makes one a better Catholic than another? Let he who has never sinned cast the first stone....as they say. ;)
scoutf Posts: 667
[quote="CherrieChapstick":24quqtp1]Please feel free to take exception to it, but the point im trying to make, is that were they all to look at the doctrine of the catholic church and religion, they would probably find at least one rule that they are not fulfilling to the letter of the law, and therefore could also be told that they dont deserve to have a wedding in a catholic church. Is someone else more deserving of a church wedding because they go to mass every week, but have sex outside of marriage, than someone who maybe goes to mass for weddings and funerals, and has a rant about a priest, and the church? Which is the lesser rule to break, and therefore makes one a better Catholic than another? Let he who has never sinned cast the first stone....as they say. ;)[/quote:24quqtp1] One of the strongest messages in the Christian in faith is that of forgiveness. The catholic church is well aware that people find they cant stick to all the rules and just have to keep trying. Hence, confession.
BlossomHill Posts: 2169
[quote="CherrieChapstick":2n4lkgog]Please feel free to take exception to it, but the point im trying to make, [b:2n4lkgog]is that were they all to look at the doctrine [/b:2n4lkgog]of the catholic church and religion, they would probably find at least one rule that they are not fulfilling to the letter of the law, and therefore could also be told that they dont deserve to have a wedding in a catholic church. Let he who has never sinned cast the first stone....as they say. ;)[/quote:2n4lkgog] Less of the cliches & less of the genearlisation PLEASE. I took issue with Islandlil over her offensive language & attitude towards the chuch. Not about doctrine!
coldpants Posts: 57
Cherry you are making points that i see sense in but none of that was the topic discussed with Islandill. Islandill also edited some posts so maybe you haven't seen all her comments. Anywho being married to "it" is going to bloody fantastic btw. My hubby is so lucky and he knows it. We both are. The trolls on Old Faithful with their new usernames i'm sure are reading this!!
Veruca-Salt Posts: 1542
[quote="coldpants":1fbovs87]Cherry you are making points that i see sense in but none of that was the topic discussed with Islandill. Islandill also edited some posts so maybe you haven't seen all her comments. [b:1fbovs87]Anywho being married to "it" is going to bloody fantastic btw. My hubby is so lucky and he knows it. We both are. The trolls on Old Faithful with their new usernames i'm sure are reading this!![/b:1fbovs87][/quote:1fbovs87] '[b:1fbovs87]It[/b:1fbovs87]'s' all good CP :o0 :o0 :o0 Ps; seriously, no offence, but I am delighted that you got banned- WOL has not been this entertaining for ages, hurrah for the banning of Hotpants!!! :custum59 :thnk :thnk :thnk :thnk :thnk :thnk :thnk :thnk :thnk :thnk
coldpants Posts: 57
Never a dull moment alright!
bridey99 Posts: 550
The amount of ass kissing on this thread is highly entertaining, I must say.