Banned - Page 10

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

candypants Posts: 8575
Oh i love an oul wollie tiffle! :o0
Veruca-Salt Posts: 1542
[quote="Big_Chatterbox":32thp500]Oh i love an oul wollie tiffle! :o0[/quote:32thp500] Nothing beats it :o0 :o0 :o0 People should get banned more often if it's going to bring the trolls out to entertain us! :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie:
november2010 Posts: 70
Hi Girls, I am not a regular poster on here but I'm on the site all the time. I have to say I dont think anyone should be barred off an internet forum, we are not children and we are all entitled to our own opinions. I think a few posters need to grow up/not go running to admin or give out about wollies being back at school (that thread just furthered added to the row). Coldpants/Hotpants, I didnt always agree with your posts but I never thought you were a bully and if anyone should come out the wrong side of that thread it should be islandlil. Thats just my two cents worth. :thnk
PrettyWoman Posts: 1233
Ok my two cents.............. I don't think hotpants should have been banned, its actually stupid that you can get banned an re-register but that's another issue. I've had a couple of run-ins with HP (under old log in) but it didn't really bother me I never "rose" to the occassion. I actually enjoy most of her posts and find them tongue in cheek but with the priest thread I do think the posters were posting their opinions on how difficult their priests were, and they did seem difficult, they were shot down by a number of users not just HP But.... from Admins' point of view, they want to get new users etc... and new brides. I think a lot of new brides hang out in old faithful and ask q's that have been asked plenty times before and us "old" users get bored with the q's and aren't as helpful. I just think some new users get their heads bitten off (not by HP but by plenty of experienced wollies) and its a shock to them so the natural thing to do is go to admin. When I started I was quite naive and was taken aback with a lot of responses from some posters (just an observation). Though if I ask for an opinion I want an opinion, good or bad, I don't want some one to say "yeah great" when it clearly is sh it I think some users "hop" on words some people write, a previous poster (can't remember which topic - so many!) said "all brides" and something about being married in a church and a few people went at her for generalisation, yes "all brides" is generalising BUT in the context of what the poster was saying it wasn't I think so much on a forum like a text message is Lost in Translation. From reading other forums there is a lot of bad vibes for WOL and I do see where it comes from. I don't want everyone to agree with everything I say but I don't want someone to jump down my throat for a something I typed. People have different opinions but there is a way to get your opinion across without being a smart arsed cow (again i don'tmean HP, there are a few on here that jump at every opportunity) Though I've loved the last couple of days on here, really brightened up lately!
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
:wv
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
[quote="veruca salt":any0031i][quote="Big_Chatterbox":any0031i]Oh i love an oul wollie tiffle! :o0[/quote:any0031i] Nothing beats it :o0 :o0 :o0 People should get banned more often if it's going to bring the trolls out to entertain us! :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie:[/quote:any0031i] :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs I agree with the points that banning is just not the way to go. People most opinions on forums and we should all be adult enough to understand that not everyone is going to agree with each other all of the time. It is pretty pointless if people can just re register anyway!!
*Lexi* Posts: 2600
old school wollies :yelrotflmaosmilie: [img:1nw5xbi7]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uT_dUy8HhA0/SdJ3-Cj92HI/AAAAAAAAASg/Pdc0lQ33zoI/s400/old_skool_1.jpg[/img:1nw5xbi7] ass kissing :yelrotflmaosmilie: [img:1nw5xbi7]http://www.omgcritters.com/posters/funny-jackass-donkey-grinning-ass-goofy-animal-picture.jpg[/img:1nw5xbi7]
coldpants Posts: 57
My ass is loving the kissing!
Veruca-Salt Posts: 1542
[quote="coldpants":3n7g4oel]My ass is loving the kissing![/quote:3n7g4oel] And to be fair, it does need this kissing, it must be f*cking freezing in your new pants.... :hyper:
coldpants Posts: 57
I preferred my Hotpants it has to be said. :o(