Barberstown

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

muir Posts: 212
Hi Girls, I just heard from a very good friend who was at a wedding in Barberstown only last week a few things that have really made me worry.. 1. residents bar consisted of ONE drink per person and they were all in bed by 2.30 2. Beef was quite tough 3. Breakfast is between 6am and 9.30am 4. Breakfast to the room is €17.50 per person extra 5. check out is at 11.30am I am so upset, I have spent the last few days considering whether or not to pull out of this venue and start looking for somewhere else. My guests will be paying A LOT of money to stay in Barberstown and we will be paying A LOT of money to have our reception there, I am gutted at these extra charges and restrictions to be honest. We are not a family of big drinkers but a little flexibility would be nice.... Has anyone else heard about any of the above?
muir Posts: 212
Anyone? :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Grunge Bride Posts: 2529
[quote="Muir":95f1k1li]Hi Girls, I just heard from a very good friend who was at a wedding in Barberstown only last week a few things that have really made me worry.. 1. residents bar consisted of ONE drink per person and they were all in bed by 2.30 2. Beef was quite tough 3. Breakfast is between 6am and 9.30am 4. Breakfast to the room is €17.50 per person extra 5. check out is at 11.30am [/quote:95f1k1li] Hi Muir, I've read all the Barberstown posts here and never heard about the 1 drink per person / in bed by 2.30 thing. Maybe some past brides can comment? Also everyone has said the food was lovely and a few people had the beef, so I've never heard that it was tough. However, I did hear breakfast ends early which is a pain, no doubt about it. And I heard breakfast tot he room costs extra. Barberstown are a bit inflexible on a few things, and it is very expensive. On the other hand, everyone who's got married there has posted that it's a fabulous venue, they had a great time, we have nothing to worry about etc, so hopefully they are just a couple of minor points. I hope some past Barberstown brides can address these points and reassure us!