Bathtime Duck Thermometer

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

niamh086 Posts: 119
Hi Ladies I have been told about a rubber duck for baby bath that changes colour and goes green when water is correct temperature.Cant find one anywhere,only found ones that give a readout in numbers.Can anyone help??
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
Haven't seen the duck, but I got a little whale in Boots (think it was about €6) and it has a strip across the middle with a blue minus sign for too cold, yellow tick for just right and red plus sign for too hot. It's kind of like a mood ring (remember those!??) in that the right one comes up in colour depending on the water temp. Have found it brilliant, and DD still loves playing with it!
Thanks for that PaniniRose I will have a look inBoots :wv
amberjack Posts: 1273
I got the Duck in Smyth's Toys, but there's loads of different types out there.
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
Whatever happened to sticking your elbow in :o0
dhidra Posts: 3147
I got one in Hickey's Pharmacy.
MrsDr Posts: 1316
Im defo getting one of them for €6 its a steal. I was worried about bath temp as I love my baths hot hot hot. DH slags me coz I come out looking like a lobster :-8 Was afraid I wouldn't get the temp right for babs. Thanks girls :thnk
Hi Ladies thanks for that!! The midwife was saying you r better off not using elbows etc as each of us has a different version of what warm is >:o( You are like my Hubby Mrs D as he takes roasting baths and looks like a tomatoe when he comes out!!! Better safe than sorry :o0
pinkframe Posts: 628
Girls - I've a stupid question. How hot should the bathwater be? Like checking with you elbow...should you put your elbow in and not feel the water as hot/cold...or should you put it in and feel it hot or what. Clearly, I think I will need a duck too :o0