BBQ Wedding Reception

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

annebkk Posts: 11
Hi girls! Can anyone suggest any venues that serve a BBQ menu for weddings? We are looking to have an informal wedding but its hard to get hotels to do anything other than their set packages. I know The Millhouse in Slane does a BBQ option and it looks fab but unfortunately its not really in the right location for us. We would be looking around the south east and Cork. Has anyone any other suggestions for venues? Thanks so much!!
Buzzelle Posts: 65
Based on your location it may not be suitable but I know Durrow Castle in Co Laois have BBQ for wedding receptions.
annebkk Posts: 11
Thanks Buzzelle- I've been to a wedding there, its gorgeous!! I didn't realise they offered BBQ- I thought it was only for the afters food?
Buzzelle Posts: 65
[quote="annebkk":298ebmku]Thanks Buzzelle- I've been to a wedding there, its gorgeous!! I didn't realise they offered BBQ- I thought it was only for the afters food?[/quote:298ebmku] You could be right Annebkk! I attended the evening of a wedding reception there where they had a bbq, I just assumed that you could have it for your main reception if you wished :-8 It was fab though!
Shelly321 Posts: 96
The Beaufield Mews in Stillorgan offers an amazing BBQ wedding package - definitely worth checking out.
maybride2017 Posts: 232
Maybe looking into Langtons in Kilkenny? They have a huge menu and very accommodating, they also have a pig on a spit option. Also Kippure Village (Although Wicklow) have great prices and a bbq option and a pig on a spit option, a real outdoorsy, laid back feel, I would have went for there myself but the bar is outside the reception room which isn't important to all but it is to us, as we would loose half our crowd! Good Luck with your search :)
username Posts: 6
The Beaufield Mews in Stillorgan offers an amazing BBQ wedding package - definitely worth checking out