BD'ing question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sunnyside Posts: 3164
I'm not doing anything as complicated as the Sperm Meets Egg Plan but I was reading some old posts about it and it says that when you get positive on opk to BD for three nights in a row, skip a night and then one last night. Can someone explain why you would be BD (in terms of ttc) 5 nights after positive opk? I thought egg only lasted about 24 hours? Even if you didn't ovulate until 36 hours after positive opk, surely BD 5 days later isn't going to help conceive. Just wondering........and passing the time on the two week wait.... :o0
gbirishgirl Posts: 246
Hi there I think the reason for the +2/3 days is cos OPK identifies the surge in hormones which mean that OV is about 2-3 days away... it doesn't mean you're ovulating at the time the test was positive (at least, it doesn't on the ones I am using) HTH! gbirishgirl
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Hmmm.. good question. I thought most OPKs indicate you will Ov within 12 - 36 hours after positive and you're right about egg surviving 24 hours. Why does it all have to be confusing O:|
sally Posts: 1140
Yeah I could never get that and always skipped that bit. Sperm meets egg didnt work for me at all, think it was too much for us. Month we got our BFP we did the deed every second night and when I got pos OPK we dtd the next morning instead of evening (sperm conc is meant to be higher in the morn) and that did the trick.
sunnyside Posts: 3164
thanks girls. glad to see I'm not the only one who found that confusing. :wv