BDing around ovulation - Update

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
When do you? Reason I ask is this. Have been BDing since Friday night. That's 4 nights in a row. Got faint positive on Opk on Sunday night and got the big positive on it yesterday evening. Thing is we normally stick to the sperm meet egg plan but got carried away at the weekend and I am afraid it won't happen tonight. Don't want to be putting pressure on my DH. Do you think if we don't tonight we might miss the boat so to speak? I had strong twinges yesterday afternoon. I so want BFP but afraid we have done to much BDing before ovulation that we won't be up to it now. Please girls any advice? :o(
Sphynx Posts: 6795
LMS I got stressed out because we missed out BDing one of the nights that was "very fertile" according to Dr. Amy but we just couldn't face it- we were shattered from too much BDing, work and a bottle of wine. I was v. upset going to sleep. But I woke up first thing next morning v. determined to DTD and leapt on himself! I swear it was the very best BDing we ever did (just as well as we've hardly done it since - nature was being kind to me I think) and I wouldn't be surprised if that was when we conceived! Just a thought - you might feel refreshed and up for it after an early night and a good night's sleep!
hope that wasn't too rude for the new WOL rules ! :-8 :-8 :-8
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi LMS fair play to you !!!! Id say seeing as you bd yesterday when you got the strong positive you should be fine. Play it by ear tonight and if you both feel in the mood then fire away but dont put pressure on yourself. All i can say is when both my sister and myself got our BFP we only dtd 3 and 4 times in the whole month respectively and werent tracking our ovulation so we were either very lucky or you dont need to be too exact IFKWIM Best of luck ill say a prayer for you. :xxx
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
tomorrow morning really isn't an option. DH has to be out the house for 7am tomorrow and I know there is no way he'd be up for it that early.
Popsy Posts: 229
I was wondering this too actually. Myself and DH had kind of planned to bd quite regularly over the weekend because it was coming up to my fertile time but between one thing and another it just didnt go as planned. I got my smilie face (opk) on sunday and we dtd on sunday evening, I tested again yesterday (even though it says on the box that you dont have to!) and I got the smilie again so thought if we dtd again last night we'd be well covered! but like yourself I was totally shattered and passed out last night!! O:| so now Im wondering if I completly missed the boat too!!! Oh all this is just so exhausting, not just the physical side of it :-8 but mentally aswell!!!!!!!
Popsy Posts: 229
Angel2 Posts: 787
LMS, I'd say see how you both feel this evening. I know what you mean about not wanting to put pressure on your dh but if you both feel up to it then go for it. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers hon and I really hope it happens for you this month. :xxx
[quote="little mrs sunshine":urrwhncq]tomorrow morning really isn't an option. DH has to be out the house for 7am tomorrow and I know there is no way he'd be up for it that early.[/quote:urrwhncq] That is early :o( He probably wouldn't be up for it but his "boy parts" probably would be! :o0 DH's are always up before him anyway! :-8 :ooh What time is he home tomorrow? If you DTD tomorrow afternoon/evening, you might not miss your window! And remember that the swimmers from the last time you DTD may still be making their way to the main event! Good luck!
Angel2 Posts: 787
[quote="Sphynx":38fivngy][quote="little mrs sunshine":38fivngy]tomorrow morning really isn't an option. DH has to be out the house for 7am tomorrow and I know there is no way he'd be up for it that early.[/quote:38fivngy] That is early :o( [b:38fivngy]He probably wouldn't be up for it but his "boy parts" probably would be! :o0 DH's are always up before him anyway! :-8 :ooh [/b:38fivngy] What time is he home tomorrow? If you DTD tomorrow afternoon/evening, you might not miss your window! And remember that the swimmers from the last time you DTD may still be making their way to the main event! Good luck![/quote:38fivngy] Yes I totally agree with Sphynx. That is very, very true!! See how ye both feel in the morning. If not then try tomorrow evening.