be warned!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Fluffer Posts: 2672
If you want to keep the way you're going to look on the day of your wedding a secret! FMIL was asking me questions and kept telling her she'd have to wait until the day to see me. Anyway was down with her last week (same day as the 'i have a buggy for when you have a baby incident') and showed her how i was having my hair, told her about veil. Was in her house yesterday, h2b standing beside her talking to FIL2B 'IS YOUR VEIL IN THE BRIDAL SHOP WITH YOUR DRESS?' :eek O:| I could've killed her!!! I gave her a look and then she said more whispered 'sorry! is the veil with the dress?' FFS!!! She said he didn't hear but FFS!! So just so you know, they may not blab on purpose but it can easily slip out!
*Muffin* Posts: 7243
I'm the total opposite of you Fluffer, I'm always trying to get H2B to look at my dress, he won't do it. I'm dreading he won't like it. (part of me doesn't give a shite though aswell, I love it). I've shown him loads of hairstyles and asked his opinion on them, but he just doesnt' show any interest.
Fluffer Posts: 2672
I know you'd die if they didn't like it all. But h2b wants to wait until the day to see me or know what i look like so he would've been pissed off too if he'd heard her. Ah i know she didn't mean it, but still!!
Little Kitty Posts: 914
[quote:147qdczm]I'm the total opposite of you Fluffer, I'm always trying to get H2B to look at my dress, he won't do it. I'm dreading he won't like it. (part of me doesn't give a shite though aswell, I love it). [/quote:147qdczm] Muffinm I thought I was the only one trying to do that :o0 My H2B has a great eye for clothes and seems to know exactly what will suit me etc and I always ask his opinion before I buy something so it's been really hard for me not to get his opinion on the dress!! He'd kill me if I showed him though!!
aylala Posts: 3673
Oh I hear ya! My FMIL2B cannot hold her water and is dying to see my dress and I'm afraid she will blab to all and sundry, she wants to come for a fitting with me and I think we could make it a nice day out and go for lunch etc but if she blabs I'll murder her :o0
Mrs2008 Posts: 812
Mine asked me in front of h2b what my dress was like and i nearly died and said you'll have to wait till the day and do u think she would give it a rest - she kept on and on - well what colour is it - is it a big dress - have you got a veil - eventually he had to say mam i dont want to know i want to be suprised - so she stopped but i know how you felt i was fuming with her.
contented Posts: 2625
I have absolutely no intention of showing anyone of my inlaws my dress. I did show my fsil a picture on the internet and thats the closest she'll get to it until the day. i'm under pressure to bring fsil to the bridal shop to show her but to be quite blunt about it she didnt show me hers and well, why should i? its the biggest secret of the day and the less people who know about it the better (thats my opinion), after all there will always be someone who doesnt like the dress and you will end up doubting yourself feck em