beauty regimes comin up to the wedding. - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

x_x Posts: 1823
Good thread...I plan on starting with gusto in Jan 09...although currently I am trying to lose some weight. I want to lose a stone...but mainly I want to tone up...my arms and shoulders being the key places as is with so many other brides!!! I'm also taking Boots Skin Hair and Nails and Oil of Evening Primrose. Find this great - my nails have grown and are good and strong so will keep this up. I get my hair higlighted regularly so will just be keeping that up... Then for beauty regime, I am going to get a facial once a month...don't know which one is best really...I am prone to occasional spots on my chin-any places you may recommend? I work in city centre and live in Lucan... Plan on getting manicure and pedicures regularly too and want to start sunbeds around March 09. (Dreading to think how much this will all add up to!!) I'm a wimp when it comes to waxing...but hope to be brave next year, then the Crest whitening strips for my gnashers...phew, H2B won't know me on the day - good thing I'll be the one in the white dress!! :o0
MrsG2b Posts: 1458
Trying to cleanse, tone and moisturise every day and have noticed my skin is finally improving. In the middle of my WW thing so trying to lose a lot of weight before the wedding and also trying to tone up. Will be going to the dentist soon to get my front teeth sorted out and whitened. I was going to do this anyway but left it till nearer the wedding so I get longer out of it. I will be wearing Dove cream as I am allergic to fake tan but I will be having a couple of sessions on a sunbed as I have problem skin on my back and the UV clears it up for a couple of months at a time. If I can get some sun in the garden in the meantime I might not have to do this at all. On the day, I will be having hair extensions to make my hair look thicker and I am hoping to get 14wks out of those and I am debating having eyelash extensions rather than false eyelashes as mine are very short and stubby. Will have to go with gel nails as my own are a disaster and are unlikely to stay unbroken between here and the wedding. I will be going to the spa a couple of times but this will be more for relaxation rather than routine - will go for the exfoliation treatments when I am there. Phew - it sounds like I am in for some serious over-hauling!! Basically there are a lot of things that I was promising myself for a long time so the wedding is the excuse to get them...
MrsMcM Posts: 311
At the moment my priorities are teeth and eyes....was going to get laser treatment done on my eyes but cant now :o( cos i needed contacts and the opticians wouldnt give me any until i had a test so on Saturday i ended up getting new glasses as well as a trial pair of monthly contacts...really hope they settle coz i find the dailies can be a bit irritating after a while. As for teeth...have to get a crack in one of my front ones fixed...and a wisdom tooth that is threatening to come through sorted. Havent really thought about anything else yet.
Twirler Posts: 1644
[quote="buggser":3qw7yskr] Then for beauty regime, I am going to get a facial once a month...don't know which one is best really...I am prone to occasional spots on my chin-any places you may recommend? I work in city centre and live in Lucan... [/quote:3qw7yskr] Buggser....Forever Beautiful in Lucan village is great. I've been going there for years and haven't a bad word to say about them.
Mrs Mia Wallace Posts: 869
:wv Hi Girls Anyone ever had a back peel? I wouldn't say I have a problem with my back but I am prone to the odd spot and sometimes get tiny raised bumps. I would like it to be nice and clear and smooth on the day. Also, a friend recommended going on the Dianette contraceptive pill because it really clears your skin. What's your thoughts on this?
dreamer Posts: 3941
Jeepers, I better get cracking!! Hadn't really thought about a beauty regime, but I guess a few facials wouldn't go astray!!! Had an Eve Lom one a while ago and loved it, but I see the Dermalogica facials are popular. Has anybody had one done at the Buff day spa in Dublin?
x_x Posts: 1823
[quote="Twirler":39wrsh9t]Buggser....Forever Beautiful in Lucan village is great. I've been going there for years and haven't a bad word to say about them.[/quote:39wrsh9t] Cheers Twirler - got my nails done there a few times - Olive I think, they were acrylics and I've gotten waxing done there too. Never tried them for facials…will pop in so and pick up a leaflet over the weekend. [quote="WinterBride1976":39wrsh9t]:wv Hi Girls Anyone ever had a back peel? I wouldn't say I have a problem with my back but I am prone to the odd spot and sometimes get tiny raised bumps. I would like it to be nice and clear and smooth on the day. Also, a friend recommended going on the Dianette contraceptive pill because it really clears your skin. What's your thoughts on this?[/quote:39wrsh9t] I had bad acne on my chin and back for years as a teenager, was on topical antibiotics, oral antibiotics, used to go for these painful facials in town…and when I was 16 or 17, the doctor put me on this and both my back and chin cleared up perfectly. However, he took me off it a while back as it has v v high levels of oestrogen in it. Knock on wood though, I only suffer the occasional breakout on my chin so hopefully I've grown out of it!!! Can't comment on back peel, never had one...
gasbride Posts: 941
--
Mrs Mia Wallace Posts: 869
[quote="gasbride":dlwdvyhr]I tried the Dermologica range and it did nothing for me. Im using the Espa range now. I know they use it in the Ritz Carlton in Powerscourt (I know someone who works there and she gets me the products for me). Im also doing the Espa facials once a month and I love them. I have sensitive skin and the products are great for them. Also using sunbed at the moment and am definitely getting one or two pedicures before the day. [b:dlwdvyhr]And I also started waxing since christmas and am so glad i did. Im getting about three weeks hair free on my legs[/b:dlwdvyhr].[/quote:dlwdvyhr] Just wondering if you find you get ingrown hairs from the waxing. I think waxing is brilliant but I'm always getting ingrown hairs which is starting to become a problem!
bangel Posts: 2285
I went on dianette when I was 18 for the acne on my back, and it cleared it up perfectly. I asked to be taken off it because it made me depressed, but Haven't suffered any acne since.