Becareful picking a godfather

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

1april Posts: 73
All we made a big mistake when picking a godfather for our beautiful Girl ..... we pick DH only sibling his brother ... he never visits or texts he never saw her for Xmas and is now not turning up for her first birthday ............
nelswife Posts: 3869
ah i am sorry 1april....but i am sure your little girl will be surrounded by plenty of other people who love her that day and who will be with her at all the important milestones... :action32 I never seen my godmother, never got birthday, christmas presents or cards from her, i dont feel i missed out because i had so many other people who loved me and were there for me My Hubbie wants to pick his brother for godfather i dont!!..because i know something similiar will happen, since we told him i was pregant not once has he text, rung, to see how i was feeling or how i am..
Thanks nelswife .... i had the same problem with DH i didn't want his brother as Godfather but in the end i gave in ..... himself and his wife have always looked down their noses at myself and DH they have a little boy 4 months older than DD they were raging that i was pregnant and that she didn't get all the attension .... the last time we meet at their sons first birthday she kept askign me was i going to have another baby and that she never had treatment ( we had ) to have her son she is 42 and i'm 36 .... i have no idea what her problem is i'm not into competion if she had a little goat i would say lovely ........
Some people dont know when to keep their mouths shut and be respectful...to me she comes across as being Jealous of you and your family.... I cant believe that she asked you that...tell her respectfully if she asks you again that you haven't decided that your quite content with your little family of three.. My friend was going through IUI for years and didn't tell a lot of people and people just kept asking her when she was going to have a baby...thankfully it worked and she is expecting twins!!..I just cant understand people intruding and asking personal questions
thanks nelswife ... think i needed a rant ......... When are you due ? are you all excited ??
It does good it get it off your chest sometimes!! I am only 8 1/2 weeks gone...so not due until last week in October..but i am so excited, i cant wait...hubbie is like a big child and cant wait to tell everyone...we are going to tell everyone the night of my 30th party..i have my 1st scan on the day of my 30th..cant wait for it .the party was booked before i got pregnant so just decided not to cancel it..so thats when we will tell our friends..we have told family already