Bed Clothes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

GAA Fan Posts: 629
Was talking to friends recently and topic of sheets for bed was discussed (dont ask me why) but it seems I was the only one that did not have a sheet as well as a duvet on the bed. Am I in the minority?
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
I dont have a top sheet, just a duvet. Find they get all crumpled and tangled!!!
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
I have a sheet over the matress but not over me Although it probably would solve most of my problems at night as DH is always roasting and will only let me put the 3 tog duvet on. I have a lovely toasty 15 one in the hot press. I suppose he could have the sheet and I could have the duvet!!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Do you mean a sheet between you and the duvet?? I don’t have one of these. I have an undersheet and a duvet- that's it. Thought that was the norm.
GAA Fan Posts: 629
I thought undersheet and duvet was the norm as well Comumbo, nothing I like more than wrapping the duvet around you on a winters night. They were talking about how hard it was to get good quality sheets for the bed and it took me a while to realise they were not talking about undersheet or duvet cover but a top sheet, they all use top sheets on bed. When I stay over in one of these girls houses I find I get all tangled up in the top sheet.
MichelleMyBelle Posts: 1270
I just have a fitted sheet on top of the mattress and then me, then a duvet. I thought that was normal? Is there some other 'special' sheet that goes in between all these that I don't know about? :eek
Also may I just add, I make 3 beds every morning. Couldnt be ar sed with topsheets :o0
New Mrs Posts: 660
I dont have a top sheet either! I sleep weird with the duvet covering my shoulders and leave my feet hanging out throwing my leg over the duvet!! Having a top sheet with drive me mad!
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
We usually just have the fitted sheet and the duvet but I have a couple of topsheets for when its really cold - they're really cosy! They drive H2B scatty though so I'm only allowed to use them if its Arctic :o0
[quote="MichelleMyBelle":63wmsuyk]I just have a fitted sheet on top of the mattress and then me, then a duvet. I thought that was normal? Is there some other 'special' sheet that goes in between all these that I don't know about? :eek[/quote:63wmsuyk] Some people use a top sheet which would be a sheet between the bottom sheet and the duvet and you get under it. Like in hotels