Belly Button Piercing - Maybe TMI

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dandeloin Posts: 376
Hi Girls, I am the possible the most squemish person in the world so I apologise in advance for this, but I'm 7 months pregnant, and have my belly button pierced. It started to get a little sore over the weekend so I tried to take it out.. but its stuck!!!! i can't get the ball off the bar (sorry sorry sorry for tmi). I rang a local piercing place ths morning and he said to call in tomorrow and he should be able to get it out. Or should I go to the doctor? Its quite sore. Am lashing savalon cream on it, also bought the spray-on savalon but it says to ask doctor before using it if pg.. Ahhh... Not sure if I can wait till tomorrow evening to get this sorted.... Any words of wisdom from anyone? thanks Girls :thnk
SaJa Posts: 4282
Definitely go to the piercing place and get them to remove it. They are professionals and know what they are doing. Your GP won't be able to do much for you.
Martiespride Posts: 997
[quote="SaJa":15yhkknn]Definitely go to the piercing place and get them to remove it. They are professionals and know what they are doing. Your GP won't be able to do much for you.[/quote:15yhkknn] agree. doc wont have a clue!!
thanks Girls for your replies. Am raging with myself that I didnt do it before now, but sure i was "putting it off" (famous last words) cos am so squeamish about the thoughts of it. Wish tomorrow was here already so i could just get it over and done with... I am obviously in denial about the whole process of having to give birth when my pain thresh-hold is non-existent :o0 Do you know if its ok to use the savalon spray? Its called Dry Antisepitc (povidone Iodine)... Thanks again, D x
SaJa Posts: 4282
I took out my belly button ring at 4 months at it was getting sore. Consultant was delighted I had removed it so soon. It just gets really tight and starts pressing into your skin and can create a hole under the ball at the top so getting it removed is great.
curliwurli Posts: 3369
the same thing happened to mine and i called into a piercing place when i was 10 weeks along and he had it off in about 5 seconds - i was actually mortified at how easy he made it look but i really couldn't get mine off at all, it seemed totally stuck.
thanks again Girls. Glad to know I'm not alone. Should have taken it out ages ago (raging with myself that i;m so far along and only go about getting it removed once it starts to get sore :-8) , Have been embarrassed going to doc and to the hospital for my check-ups with it in, but just wasn't able to get it out myself. Hopfully I'll have the same experience a you Curliwurli and it will be over and done with in no-time (might need to take a panadol or 2 before hand;-) Under normal circumstances (ie not being pg), i think i'd need something a lot stronger to blot it all out :o0
Momma2b Posts: 281
god, i thought i was the only one with this issue! I couldn't get mine out either, and normally it would open no problem - I actually thought i'd have to get hubby to get the pliers at it and then one day it just opened thank god! its not sore at all yet tho... can ask you girls if yours stayed open or has closed since taking out the ring? I had mine pierced about 10 years ago but have always had a ring of some sort in it so just wondering if its likely to close up after a while...
babygaga Posts: 8
Cant believe you are all having the same problem. The ball on my ring will not move so my oh is going to try with a pliers to see if we can get it out, otherwise i'll have to go into a piercing place. i'm so squemish the thought of it makes me sick. Dont know how I was brave enough to get it in in the first place but it was my present to myself after my leaving cert, ah how times have changed!!!!!
curliwurli Posts: 3369
mine seems to be open still but i'm not sure about whether or not it is still open all the way through IYKWIM. it really looks awful now that my belly is so huge and i am seriosuly regretting ever getting it done, dread to think what way it is gonna look afterwards :o(