Belly button ring removal

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

leanbh1 Posts: 473
Hey all,just wondering if anyone has had a belly button ring removed.I've had mine for 11 years now and nearly feel like its part of my body at this stage!But,due to my first baby's arrival (please God next Jan),I need to have it removed.. :o( So,does it hurt as much as it did to have it put in,is there any risk of infection and also will I be left with a hole there?? Thanks
Chick Flick Posts: 498
Hiya, ive my naval pierced over ten years but have gone through lots of differnt rings but have always used same style. If its a bananna bar with ball on top and bottom just unscrew the top and gently slide it out and it wont hurt at all. The hole will eventually close over over a period of a few weeks. HTH and congratulations ! :wv
Lucille-Bluth Posts: 1145
Yeah I just took mine out and the piercing healed itself. It hurts no more than taking out your earrings
25/07/09 Posts: 472
When my friend was pregnant she got a special "pregnancy" belly button ring, it is plastic and flexible an option if you wanted to keep ur piercing!
Chococat Posts: 1632
Take it out ASAP, I left mine in until I was 28 weeks, I didn't show at all & it looked ok, I was left with a bruise there, Nearly 3 years later & the bruise still hasn't gone.
curliwurli Posts: 3369
this might sound a bit strange but i can't unscrew my belly button piercing, i have had the same one in for about 5 years or more. i lost the screw on part one day and when i put the replacement on it must have been a bit too small cos it got stuck and i haven't been able to unscrew it. does anyone have any idea whether a piercing place would have some tool to cut the bar so i coud remove it? i don't really like it anymore.
missi moo moo Posts: 1700
take it off in a warm bath if its tight, I remember putting a new style in before and it was too tight when I tried. The shop assistant advised the bath and it worked a treat.
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
[quote="curly wurly":mhrpzzyo]this might sound a bit strange but i can't unscrew my belly button piercing, i have had the same one in for about 5 years or more. i lost the screw on part one day and when i put the replacement on it must have been a bit too small cos it got stuck and i haven't been able to unscrew it. does anyone have any idea whether a piercing place would have some tool to cut the bar so i coud remove it? i don't really like it anymore.[/quote:mhrpzzyo] Pliars are great for removing stuff
Pheebs Posts: 1102
I second tired bride's recommendation of pliers I had a ring before that I couldn't get the little ball out of and had to buy pliers especially but it worked! The piercing should just heal but make sure to keep it clean. Congrats on the pregnancy by the way!
Senorita Posts: 3413
Just wondering, those of you who have taken out your bb rings, did it eventually close up? I took mine out about 4 years ago, and it never closed up :eek