Belly stretch marks on 2nd Pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sue79 Posts: 175
Hi ladies, For any of you who were lucky enough to avoid getting stretchmarks on your first child (like me), I just wondered if you got them on your tummy on your second pregnancy? I have a 2.5 year old and managed to fluke not getting any stretchmarks but as I feel my tummy stretching a lot, I'm wondering if I will get them this time? I'm hoping I won't but wanted to see if you ladies had any experiences? thanks sue
Silini2 Posts: 3834
Good news i got none on either of my two! I thought maybe the second time but no!! Was delighted. Praying for the same this time but as i'm 3 years older i'm probably clutching at straws!
BusyDee Posts: 8527
I got a tiny one first time under my belly button but it had faded after a few months, got none this time even though I felt my belly was really stretched towards the end. I drank lots of water and moisterised everyday which I think helped.
BiaBlasta Posts: 1002
I got none at all first time. I used a bit of bio oil every so often but didn't use it religiously! Second time I used lots of palmers stretch mark body butter (think that's what it's called!) and bio oil every day and I was doing really well, not a stretch mark in sight until 5 days before my due date, a little one appeared just above my belly button. Thankfully LO arrived a day later as was getting seriously worked up over my one little stretch mark, it's still there, just faded a bit!