Berktex bridal again!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

AOC28 Posts: 48
HI girls, The delighful people in this shop strike again!I was in the store yesterday quering what the delay was on a sample for my bridesmaid dress which I ordered 5 weeks ago I was told what was my prroblem as my wedding was in September!I have phoned twice about this and get conflicting information from the staff who dont seem to have a clue what is going on they told me yesterday my designer maybe delaying I nearly laughed in her face I think she meant to say the factory!Surely it cant be too hard to get a small swatch of fabric of a bridesmaid dress.Any one wiith simliar experiences?
Miss X Posts: 1415
If they're causing that much hassle now, I'd take my business elsewhere.
030905 Posts: 136
I had to wait 3 weeks for a sample of bm dress material from Bridal Designs - in fairness the dresses are sage green which is a new colour in this year (well so they say!) so the material did take a while but they were very nice about it and were actually willing to send me out there only sample of the material from their swatch card - my sister had hassle there as well with samples but her dress was perfect so don't worry
030905 Posts: 136
I had to wait 3 weeks for a sample of bm dress material from Bridal Designs - in fairness the dresses are sage green which is a new colour in this year (well so they say!) so the material did take a while but they were very nice about it and were actually willing to send me out there only sample of the material from their swatch card - my sister had hassle there as well with samples but her dress was perfect so don't worry
charlies angel Posts: 230
I'm sorry but I'm with Suz on this one. If they are causing this much hassle, do your homework and see if you can source the dress from another vendor and then take your business elsewhere. I can't understand how and why we let shops treat us this way and keep letting them treat us in such a poor fashion. You wouldn't let anyone else fob you off with such excuses and conflicting information so why let them?!?
chelleMc Posts: 8
hey, If you do go elsewhere, I can recommend Alexanders in dublin city centre, its opp UGC on parnell street. I just collected my dress from them, they were lovely to deal with and very helpful. Alterations cost 100, I've heard some ppl paid a lot in berketex, one paid 290. I'm sure it depends on the style, mine was fairly simple but still, 290 sounds like a lot to me!