Menu

Berlin Hotels

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

missus2b Posts: 149
As part of my gift to h2b for wedding I am orgainising a trip to Berlin to see a concert. I am now trying to book a nice hotel that is central...any recommendations? Thanks :wv
theoracle Posts: 7664
We stayed in Mark Hotel Meineke and were pleased with everything, it is very central (DH loved the fact dunkin' dougnuts was around the corner), near U-bahn, Hard Rock Cafe Berlin is right across the road (good food there) and shops and restaurant a stone throw away. Where is the concert BTW? http://www.expedia.ie/pub/agent.dll/qsc ... 01!B0!4$FF
Concert is on in the Olympic Stadium..do you know if that is far out from the city centre? We both love Hard Rock Cafe..we go if possible when on every trip away..how sad :o0
theoracle Posts: 7664
You can reach Olympia Stadium easily from the hotel. You can walk down to the Zoo station U-bahn (can't miss it, big blue letter U marks each station and name is printed on huge sign) which is about 5-10 minute walk from the hotel, and then you take line U2 towards Ruhleben for only 15 minutes and you are there! It is not in the strict city centre but as I say, it is only 15 minutes away by U-bahn.
Kazzzz Posts: 81
not a hotel but staying here http://www.schoenhouse.de/ comes recommended from a friend too
Leftbank Posts: 2395
I stayed in Hollywood Media in Berlin, twas in shopping district of Berlin, chanel prada louis were all around.. Nice central hotel in fairness
octbride09 Posts: 63
We stayed in the Ritz Carlton in Berlin lately. It is absolutely fabulous, really luxurious and we got a really good rate on it through their own website! It is right beside the Sony Centre- in walking distance to the main sights and is also right beside public transport.
Mrs Magnum Posts: 974
We stayed in Hotel Concorde last year when we were over for the Xmas Market. It was a fab hotel. One of the nicest I have stayed in. Just a short walk to train station and Main shopping street. Would highly recommend it.
Thanks for all your suggestions :wv