Menu

Best advice ever given?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hol Posts: 9
Hi, I was just wondering what was the best advice you were ever given in relation to men / relationships? e.g. 'If you set him free, and he comes back then you know he's yours' etc! I could do with some uplifting thoughts at the moment :thnk
gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
A man who makes you cry is not the man for you. So true.
Doggysmile Posts: 188
Actually, I dont agree with that 'setting him free and if hes right for you he will come back', I tried that with my darling OH in the early stages (for various overly dramatic reasons) and I think the eejit wouldnt have known to come back except that I told him he should!! Hee hee, all good now. Ok, best advice....dont sweat the little things. Treat your partner as you want to be treated always (both my own advice) and from my granny...a common interest is what makes things work (on her 55th wedding anniversary. I expected her to say compromise but there you are)!
Miah Posts: 2738
"Never forget that you are an individual" "If you want to know me, come and live with me" Or in the case of a break up "You survived without him before, you will again"
micksmrs Posts: 931
Compromise on both sides is key. Of course Love is very important too, I personally think if you treat your partner how you would like to be treated yourself then you are on a very good path to a happy relationship. No relationship is without its ups and downs.
Helenl123 Posts: 1457
what is destined in life won't pass you by... and also.... One i've learnt from experience is...... Life is what you make from it and only you can determine how good or bad it will be. we're given a blank canvas, we are the paint brushes.... :-)
msbelle Posts: 726
"just be yourself" so true when it comes to relationships! i always thought i would have to be something im not but when i first met h2b i took it slowly with him and just was myself around him and it was so easy and relaxed ! im in love :lvs
mrsgameover Posts: 383
Think the best one I heard was from our priest. We were talking about readings and I mentioned that we wanted to have the one that has "Love is patient, love is kind". His response was "that's lovely but don't forget that while Love is patient and kind people are not always"
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
[quote="Lois":2mjebz7j]A man who makes you cry is not the man for you. So true.[/quote:2mjebz7j] Oh oh I was bawling when h2b proposed?!?!?!? Actually I have cried once or twice after little arguements??? I'm doomed!!!
Kermette Posts: 924
[quote="fishermans_bride":1o1150mp][quote="Lois":1o1150mp]A man who makes you cry is not the man for you. So true.[/quote:1o1150mp] Oh oh I was bawling when h2b proposed?!?!?!? Actually I have cried once or twice after little arguements??? I'm doomed!!![/quote:1o1150mp] Ditto :o( :o( :o( - oh-uh