Best Airline to New York

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MsCabbage Posts: 674
Hi Girls, having a wee look at flights to NYC at christmas time. Do any of you know of any good airlines that might be cheaper the aer lingus (€590). I don't mind having to fly to london first. thanks
short n sweet Posts: 1802
Hi Ms Cabbage if you are going ex Dublin Delta also go direct or you can go with Continental to Newark - same distance as JFK to Manhattan - best indirect would be Virgin or BA via London - otherwise you would be going via a European hub such as Amsterdam/Paris and it makes the journey VERY long - TBH time wise and the amount you spend on the stopover in London I would pay a little extra and go direct - €590 for Christmas flights isn't a bad price though
curliwurli Posts: 3369
i just got an email from KLM saying they are having a sale, might be worth checking out: [url:33smr5a1]http://www.klm.com/travel/ie_en/special_offers/flight_offers/north_america.htm[/url:33smr5a1] virgin atlantic also fly from london (think it might be gatwick)
:thnk :thnk
:thnk :thnk
Claregirl1982 Posts: 71
Hey try www.skyscanner.net Hope it helps :wv
Nadie Posts: 1111
I'd pay whatever it cost to go direct - nothing worse than getting stranded in an airport and it happens all the time. The only way to avoid it is direct!
annie77 Posts: 484
Something worth noting about Aer lingus. They changed their baggage allowance for US flights from July, it's used to be 2 23kg bags but now it's only 1 bag and you have to pay for the second. As far as I know, Delta and Continenal allow 2 bags free.
pixiechick Posts: 647
Hiya Mscabbage, You should try Delta and Continental airlines,I have used both and they have always been way cheaper than Aer lingus. I went over with Continental in January. my baggage was way over and they did not charge me. The service on Delta is excellent,lots of food and drink and willing to go out of their way to help you. Anyway have a great time whoever you choose,I'm so jealous,I'd love to go back. :wv
shattered Posts: 322
Flew with Aer Lingus to JFK 3 years ago and it was fine. As was Aer Lingus to LA last year. Flew from Newark to Dublin last summer with Continental, and while the service was fine, there was a hitch with the plane - aircon didn't work when we got on, and they kept us on the plane while they fixed it, for over an hour, in a very hot July. When we did take off there was something wrong with the sound on the films (tv series were fine), so we couldn't watch them. That said, the luggage allowance is an important consideration, and I strongly agree that if you can fly direct, you should.