Best at-home hair colour to use?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

veryv Posts: 970
Hi girls, my hair is naturally dark brown but I've got mahogony in it at the moment. I've got a lot of greys coming through and I always have to get the roots done at least once a month in the hairdressers. I cant afford to pay 70euros anymore and am looking for the best at-home hair colour to use? What do you recommend?
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
I usually use the Clairol Nice n Easy but this time I got Perfect 10 because it was on offer and I actually really like it! Not as toxic smelling as the nice n easy either!
avaphonix Posts: 105
Wel last week was my first week in years to dye my own hair I usual get my friend who's a hairdresser and she only charges €40 but I cant even afford that now :o( So I got Clairol and it was fab Im still getting comments from people askin who did it :) But Honestly the price of hairdresser's in Mad!!! thank god I have my friend and the dye only cost about €5 for her so she is still making profit of nearly €35
whoop Posts: 1310
Love Perfect 10, its so quick and the colour is natural.
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
Boots own brand is the best I have ever used, 2 boxes for €7 in most shops, am starting to get mine done with a mobile hairdresser now though cos my hair is just too long can't do it myself anymore.
excitedfor2010 Posts: 336
I got one in the health shop the other day and its great, brilliant colour, nice shine and absolutely no smell whatsoever, only thing is it costs 10.50, cant remember the name of it but comes in a brown paper bag and is brill. hate the strong smells of the others ones
GreenTea2014 Posts: 119
If it's just for roots I find the Nice N Easy root touch up one brilliant. The colours do blend really well and it's much easier to apply and wash out than a full colour. :wv
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
i like the clairol nice n easy and the perfect 10, both leave hair nice and not dry.# used Garnier nutrisse the last time and im sorry, but davina is a liar!! my hair is soooooooooooo dry since, and i've used the conditioner with it twice!! go for clairol!
veryv Posts: 970
I looked for the Perfect 10 but it doesn't have my shade in it :duh: I found a L'oreal Excell 10 and got the perfect shade, trying it out tonight!
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
just be careful about the colours I'm dark brown, and picked a dark brown one before to put it, and it turned out really really dark, practically black. Also, don't go for a permanent one - well not first time anyway, just in case