Best Bank?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

overthemoon! Posts: 1479
Good morning all, just a quick question please. all advice greatly appreciated. I have savings in the credit union and h2b has them with Bank of ireland what we want to do is open one account to set up a standing order into for our savings each week. We also want a cheque book to start paying suppliers etc. We dont know the best route to take yet? does anyone have any advice please? :thnk
mrswildrogue Posts: 1739
Try www.itsyourmoney.ie - shows and compares different banks and savings rates
overthemoon! Posts: 1479
thank you kindly. :thnk
mrswildrogue Posts: 1739
No problem at all :wv
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
We have been with Permenant TSB for the past 6 years, and Im deligted with them! Couldnt ask for more. We also have a joint account and a cheque book for this account which we use to pay suppliers. I find their Open 24 brilliant and you can do all your banking on line.
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
I second PTSB. We've been with them since we got our mortgage over a year ago and we've had no problems with them at all.We have a joint current account and a cheque book to go with it. Their online service is great too.
BigBird09 Posts: 349
Theres no such thing as a good bank. I heard on the radio on Monday that AIB are about to introduce a 20% charge on Cash Back transactions - and these buggers make €millions per DAY. They're all robbers, but unfortunately necessary. I would second the aboe poster and check out www.itsyourmoney.ie. Sorry for the ramp.
marianf Posts: 5845
You cant have a cheque book on your savings account so IMO you will need to set up 2 accounts. We have our savings in Rabo and make nice interest on it. Then we have a current account and we transfer money into that regularly so that we can write cheques against it. You can transfer the money easily on line.