Best book???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Joleigh Posts: 4242
Hi Girls, I'm newly pregnant for the first time! Just wondering whats the best book to get? I've heard of What to expect when you're expecting, but I had a look at it in Easons and it has no pictures! (How childish am I!). I just like pictures and diagrams in those types of books. Would really appreciate any recommendations! Wanna get a book at lunchtime for some weekend reading. Thanks :wv
Toni Baloney Posts: 544
Hi, I got 'Your Pregnancy Week by Week' by Dr.Lesley Regan and published by Dorling Kindersley Ltd, London in 2005. One of the main reasons I got it is because of the cool pictures! I have found that some of the info is slightly behind time but I would still recommend it. Every couple of weeks myself and himself sit down and read up on what size and weight the baby are, whats growing this month etc!
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
Just want to say Congrats Joleigh, :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Joleigh Posts: 4242
Thanks a mil! Still cant believe it. I'm so happy and excited. Dont know how I'm gonna keep it quiet, I feel like I'm gonna BURST!!!!!!!! :o)ll :o)ll
bumble Posts: 1980
Congrats Joleigh! This is also my 1st baby so I too wanted books with pics and all the info!! I bought two books ...ordered them from easons online and they arrived within couple days. The Irish Pregnancy Book - written by a consultant at Holles St, some people dont like this book but I quite like it. He's quite frank about things but i also like that it's written from an irish perspective rather than What To Expect which is american i believe. The other book I bought is The Pregnancy Bible - think it's a UK book. I prefer this to the irish one as the info is more detailed and it gives week by week along with a pic of what your baby looks like at that stage. There's so many books out there though...if you're near a good book shop maybe go in and browse and have a flick thru a few.
bumble Posts: 1980
Just thought I'd add - check out the website www.i-am-pregnant.com as it gives a great week by week description of whats going on plus AMAZING pics.
slinkyminx Posts: 650
Congratulations Joleigh :o)ll I'd definitely recommend Your Pregnancy Bible, it gives great detailed pictures week-by-week & also tells you what changes to expect in your own body each week. I bought mine on the amazon website, but you can get it in the bookshops here. :wv
tarab23 Posts: 26
I loved that book "Your pregnancy week by week" too. I also used the VHI website & that does a week by week account with pictures too.
oddwire Posts: 842
I have Your Pregnancy Bible and it has week by week for both the baby and your changing body. Think it's a great book. Also, if you register with eumom.ie you get a weekly email telling you about the baby's development for that week. Congratulations and best of luck!
poppy1 Posts: 596
i found what to expect when your expecting the best book for answering questions before and after birth and breastfeeding. Got what to expect in the first yr and its brill too