Menu

Best Book you have ever read?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gillygooley Posts: 21
Hello ladies, my absolute favourite book of all time is Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Love :lvs Love :lvs Love :lvs this book. Refused to watch the mini series though as it might spoil my memory of the story. What's yours???
anya Posts: 187
[quote="gillygooley":21ps5i9m]Hello ladies, my absolute favourite book of all time is Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Love :lvs Love :lvs Love :lvs this book. Refused to watch the mini series though as it might spoil my memory of the story. What's yours???[/quote:21ps5i9m] I loved two thirds of this book and then really didnt like the last third It just totally lost me. Maybe I'll go back and read it again. My favourite book is "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb. Read it when I was about 20yrs old and it just really affected me.
Ms HP Posts: 617
Great thread to start gillygooley! I love to hear other people's thoughts on books. The best book I have ever read is The Island by Victoria Hislop. I have just finished the book When God was a Rabbit - anyone else read it? I found it very funny in places and very strange also??
Little Miss Hopeful Posts: 1193
I love books that years later I still think of so I loved Guilt by Association by Susan R. Sloan, Shawshank Redemption (short story) Stephen King and for a long time IT by Stephen King was a favorite.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
[quote="Ms HP":vmfm1ntt]Great thread to start gillygooley! I love to hear other people's thoughts on books. The best book I have ever read is The Island by Victoria Hislop. I have just finished the book When God was a Rabbit - anyone else read it? I found it very funny in places and very strange also??[/quote:vmfm1ntt] I read When God was a Rabbit yesterday - I really enjoyed it! I thought the writing style was great!
I Dream in Disney Posts: 1592
American Gods by Neil Gaiman is definately up there, but I am terrible at picking favourites. Pride & Prejudice is also a classic and just going from the poll in the other thread, Lord of the Flies really moved me.
Service Finder
ros33 Posts: 202
I really loved The other hand by Chris Cleave and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, really good books.
stickwoman Posts: 2394
[quote="ros33":1ehphr6h]I really loved The other hand by Chris Cleave and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, really good books.[/quote:1ehphr6h] We obviously have the same taste! I love both these books. I'd also recommend "We Need To Talk About Kevin" by Lionel Shriver. I found it chilling I have to admit but it was brilliant. Think they've made it into a film.
ros33 Posts: 202
Angel butterfly "We need to talk about kevin" is a book i keep meaning to try and get but i never think of it then when i am out!! Thanks for reminding me.
LastRolo Posts: 6892
I loved Cecilia Ahern's P.S I Love You - I've been threatening this long time to re-read it...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8