Menu

Best Bottles to use with breastfeeding?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

007Babs Posts: 417
Hi all, I hope to breastfeed but will need to buy a few bottles too for expressing and to have in case b'feeding doesn't work out. Can anyone advise on a good bottle brand that will be complimentary to b'feeding? Thanks!
WdBliss Posts: 55
Saw ones in the argos cataolgue that are breast shaped so may be good (I think they may be tommy tippee). Avent seem also to be good.
lindy Posts: 1135
Id use the advent bottles much better and reduce colic.
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
i used the tommee tippee bottles when i was weaning DS off breast, they say that the teeth on bottle is made like a breast!
Thanks! I just read up on those "Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature" ones and they get great user reviews - I think I will go with those: [url:nt76ehzd]http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/reviews/product.asp?id=425[/url:nt76ehzd] Another thing sorted..!
corkrebel Posts: 744
Babs007, I breast fed up to last weekend and my daughter is 16 weeks and I expressed...found it was great to allow DH to fed our small girl. I found that my daughter went from the breast to the bottle with no bother and I used the Tommee Tippee bottles that have the teat that resemble the breast...you can get anti colic teasts with them too.... best of luck!
CorkRebel, I cannot believe your little one is 16 weeks! Where has that time gone? Another recommendation for the Tommee bottles - that's great.
Perci Posts: 3847
Just to say that TkMaxx often have Tommee Tippee botlles for half price if you're thinking of picking up a few of them. I just picked up athe Avent ones in the end as I bought an Avent Steriliser but don't know if that makes any difference.
Carmen Posts: 510
I got a tommee tippee microwave steriliser in tk maxx this week. Was £10 so would probably be about €15 and it has 2 bottles with it too. So thats good value if your thinking of using the tommee tippee ones.
Thanks girls and I know that Argos do them too.