Best Bridal Shop to go to??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

andylee Posts: 213
Hi wollies, 18 months to go so prob a bit early but i have a mad urge to find a dress, this was the bit i have been dreading the most up to now, so i am surprised at the sudden change of mind. Just looking for advice please, living in Galway, and wondering where is the best bridal shop to go to, looking for a big selection... I dont mind where if its near me or ill go to Leinster or the north ( cause of motorway!) Im only just over 5ft so i wont be wearing a big gown but i am looking for something with a wow factor. thanks a million for any advice xxx
islandlil Posts: 1059
Tracy bridal in galway city has a great selection-got my dress there! since you have a good bit of time you should try to get your dress in the sample sale-i got mine at xmas and saved a lot :) ALo found amara bridal i think it's called in kildate good, the lady there was really nice and it's reasonable.
Gidgie Posts: 31
Sorry to hijack the thread but I too would be interested to hear all responses esp if there are any reccommendations for Dublin!!! thanks
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
i went to a shop in dublin on henry street with my sister (we were both getting married) i was a lot heavier at the time and the lady wanted NOTHING to do with me..... she was gonna get her dress ther but decided against it as a result of the shoddy treatment i got. she got her dress in ti adore in knocktopher, kilkenny. the girl there couldnt have been nicer. i have my dress ordered from my dress in carrick on suir-catrine in the shop actually picked out the dress for me and when i tried it on i just knew it was THE ONE!!!! i found them so friendly and helpful there
elizajane Posts: 631
Drogheda is worth a visit - 5 shops there in total - a good days work and some great variety