Best bridal shops

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ilovetea! Posts: 2
Hi, I'm getting married in 14 months and want to start dress shopping :-) I'm just looking for advice as to where there are good bridal shops. I'm based in the midlands but I don't mind travelling. I would like to see Mori Lee dresses anyway but I don't know after that!
wedo Posts: 219
Hi Ilovetea!! I'd recommend Dinagh Modes in Castlerea in Co. Roscommon, amazing selection of dresses, picks them for your body shape and does all alterations in house. My Fair lady in Monaghan stocks Mori Lee and I Think The White House in Mullingar may also be worth a look. Hope this helps! Good Luck!
Esio Trot Posts: 124
The Bridal Studio in Drogheda do Mori Lee, they're lovely to deal with
paws26 Posts: 132
Hi!i liked the white rooms in mullingar and belladonna bridal in Galway :) cameo bridal was nice too had alot of maggie sottero dresses but not as big a selection as other places.oh I was up in Belfast for a weekend and went to a place there pronuptia bridal which was very nice had loads of Justin Alexander dresses :)
poppingcandy Posts: 593
White room gets my vote also, I didn't get my dress here but they had a great selection and a pleasure to deal with, they also email you picture of the dresses you liked and the prices which I thought was great to have to look back at when trying to remember what dresses you liked. Tamem Michael also were great and they make the dresses there so you can make as many changes and alterations to the dresses without extra costs, and the price of the dress is the end cost as they are making to fit you so there is no extras on alterations. Good luck shopping
Noisin Posts: 448
I'm in the Midlands and I did a fair bit of driving for the dress. I saw a lot of Mori Lee dresses in Elegant Touch Castlebar and in Gracefull Ocassions in Sligo. Personally I found the most reasonable dresses I saw were in Bridal Outlet in Baldoyle, Dublin, Elegant Touch Castlebar, and in Thistles, Tuam where I bought my dress. I thought Thistles were brilliant to deal with and had lots of dresses that were of a reasonable budget. The guy who owns the shop is very good honest and up front which what I wanted as I bought the dress by myself, I wouldn't be able to bring a gang in with me, that's just me though. I did 11 shops and took my time in my final decision... I also went to Dinagh Modes and ya they are good but they charge €50 for the consultation, which I think is too much and cheeky, I went to lots of shops and wasn't charged anywhere else. I know they have loads of girls coming in and trying on dresses but seriously €50. For me she did describe the dress that would suit me exactly, which was the dress I had tried on that morning in Thistles, she didn't have a dress for me but it was gas she described what would suit me and the thistles dress sprung to mind. I still went to Donegal and Enniskillen tried on a few more and then bought in Thistles, and the owner said to me, 'ya have to go through the motions don't ya', ya really do... Mc Elhinney's in Donegal had a good selection of Pronovias dresses and Mori Lee dresses. Chantilly Lace in Enniskillen had a huge selection of Hillary Morgan dresses which are reasonable.
Graceful Occasions Sligo Posts: 23
Graceful Occasions SLigo Is delighted to announce, we are hosting an Mori Lee Trunk Show/Designer Weekend Saturday & Sunday 13th &14th of June 2014. There will be a 10 % Discount of Existing Lines of Mori Lee and a 20% Discount OFF Mori Lee Fall 2014 Collection being previewed. We are listed on facebook or have a website. So please stay in touch. An appointment only service, so to avoid disappointment please call 071 9303003 or email [email protected]
Dolally Posts: 394
Smart brides in Portlaoise is a must!!!!!
Spottytie Posts: 155
Hiya ilovetea, I found Elody Bridal in Newry excellent, great to deal with and reasonable. I believe they do Mori Lee dresses too. They have a great selection of Justin Alexander dresses too HTH
ilovetea2014 Posts: 14
Thanks so much for all the replies. I ended up getting my dress in McElhinneys in Donegal. McElhinneys is great and everyone is so helpful, I'd recommend a visit there to anyone looking for their dress.