Best Dressed at Dublin Horse Show - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jane Smith Posts: 3158
[quote="MLeFleuffe":3syo2mzs]Anyone know where Carol Kennedy got her red dress? I would love a dress in that shape![/quote:3syo2mzs] Mon Amie in Killarney.
Maybethisyear13 Posts: 992
Thanks a mill for that Jane Smith!
the bees knees Posts: 755
while it wouldnt be to my taste really.. i think at least the girl that won best dresses made the outfit herself so she is showcasing her talent, but some of these women just do the circuit of best dressed days... trying to break into the modelling world or some just do it because they have the wallets to buy expensive dresses / hats etc... It does bug me that the same hats are worn to some of them..... But im all for up and coming designers and milliners showcasing their stuff, but you can almost guarantee that very few of these ladies know ANYTHING about horses :yelrotflmaosmilie: Just once Id love to see someone wear an outfit from Oasis, shoes from Dunnes, maybe a bag from pennies and a fascinator from Debenhams like most of us mere mortals :compress
bobbyjoe Posts: 395
I think the best dressed is lovely. very elegant - made of french lace and curtain fabric!! lovely.
MizMelanie Posts: 1443
[quote="the bees knees":3b57f659]while it wouldnt be to my taste really.. i think at least the girl that won best dresses made the outfit herself so she is showcasing her talent, but some of these women just do the circuit of best dressed days... trying to break into the modelling world or some just do it because they have the wallets to buy expensive dresses / hats etc... It does bug me that the same hats are worn to some of them..... But im all for up and coming designers and milliners showcasing their stuff, but you can almost guarantee that very few of these ladies know ANYTHING about horses :yelrotflmaosmilie: Just once Id love to see someone wear an outfit from Oasis, shoes from Dunnes, maybe a bag from pennies and a fascinator from Debenhams like most of us mere mortals :compress[/quote:3b57f659] I actually think I have the dress Carol Kennelly wore - not sure if it's the exact same but this is my one - it's a So Couture dress and bought it for £89 so not exactly designer stuff!! I agree though - some of the clothes are strictly couture and the hats are astronomically priced!
the bees knees Posts: 755
@ MizMelanie...glad you get my meaning :) Love the dress by the way xx
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
Miz Melanie what are the sizes like in the dresses from that website - there's about 6 dresses I want!
Maybethisyear13 Posts: 992
The dress she is wearing seems to be a brand called Stop Staring, found a fab black dress in a noutique in Malahide online! MizMelanie, those dresses are fab too. Are the sizes good and is the material good quality??
mshelly Posts: 746
winning hat looks like it is made of tinfoil. What a memorable, but in a bad way, hat. Delighted to see a young up and coming fashion student winning for an outfit she made herself.
MizMelanie Posts: 1443
[quote="MinnietheMinx":12tujyhw]Miz Melanie what are the sizes like in the dresses from that website - there's about 6 dresses I want![/quote:12tujyhw] [quote="MLeFleuffe":12tujyhw]The dress she is wearing seems to be a brand called Stop Staring, found a fab black dress in a noutique in Malahide online! MizMelanie, those dresses are fab too. Are the sizes good and is the material good quality??[/quote:12tujyhw] I think they're slightly on the large side but they're stretchy so v little difference between the 8 and 10 I thought. I'm a size 8-10 (10 in places like Warehouse, Oasis etc; 8 in more expensive places as seems to be the norm!) and the 8 fits me easily but the 10 looked fine as well, iykwim. It's really flattering around the chest and stomach area but it clings to my bum BIG TIME! Go for a bigger size if you have big boobs I'd say! The quality is very good - So Couture and Stop Staring are similar in style but SS is much more expensive and I didn't find the quality any better. My sister has the same dress in hot pink and she's a size 12-14 and it is stunning on her - really flattering on curvy girls with big boobs!! :o0 :o0