Best Dressed at Dublin Horse Show - Page 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MizMelanie Posts: 1443
Oh also, sorry, I didn't get mine from that site - I got it in a boutique at home so I'm not sure how reliable the site is etc - but it is the official So Couture site so I'd imagine it's fine.
Maybethisyear13 Posts: 992
Thanks for all the information! So many to chose from and they all look so flattering! I might have to purchase!!! ;)
HippyChic Posts: 1812
[quote="mshelly":1up2coer]winning hat looks like it is made of tinfoil. [/quote:1up2coer] I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought this :o0
blondiechick Posts: 1641
[quote="HippyChic":cui1dul6][quote="mshelly":cui1dul6]winning hat looks like it is made of tinfoil. [/quote:cui1dul6] I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought this :o0[/quote:cui1dul6] It's probably the worst hat I have ever seen in my life. It's a horror. Reminds me of these two statues of horses that used to be on a bookshelf in my grandparents' house, God Rest them.
MizMelanie Posts: 1443
[quote="MLeFleuffe":1f1md1ab]Thanks for all the information! So many to chose from and they all look so flattering! I might have to purchase!!! ;)[/quote:1f1md1ab] Yeah they are real showstopper dresses I think! Not sure where you are based but I got mine in a boutique in the midlands so if you're around there and want to try on, let me know and I can PM you the name of the shop. I'm sure they have other stockists in Ireland anyway.
Maybethisyear13 Posts: 992
I'm in Kildare but wouldn't mind a trip to try on - I'm looking for dresses for 2 weddings! If you can PM me the location when you have time would be great! I'll try googling stockists too! :thnk
pauline722 Posts: 323
Completly opposite to what the fashion columinsts were saying. They said an outfit with colour would def win, dont do nude! So there ya go cant tell what they will pick.
reine Posts: 1771
[quote="MLeFleuffe":1h8ik021]I'm in Kildare but wouldn't mind a trip to try on - I'm looking for dresses for 2 weddings! If you can PM me the location when you have time would be great! I'll try googling stockists too! :thnk[/quote:1h8ik021] Divine in Maynooth stock So Couture. Give them a ring and see if they have any in at the mo. I got one of the dresses there a while ago. Fab dresses. Very flattering.
IvytheTerrible Posts: 950
I like the French lace/curtain material, it's nice but she looks like she is bursting for the loo :hyper: Don't know how that horse hat even stays on, the colourful outfit is my favourite.
I Dream in Disney Posts: 1592
I was chatting about best dressed etc with my uncle (of all people!) recently as he goes to a good few of the races. He reckons that a lot of it is favouritism, john chooses me as the best dressed and I bought such a piece of my outfit in Jo's shop and Jo and John are great mates, etc. It's a shame. Some of the big races should have certain categories for Irish milliners/designers and for outfits costing less than, say, €500 or €200