best gifts

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lolly77 Posts: 851
My friend just had her first baby, she had a cute baby boy. I would like to get her a great gift, l was thinking of a hammper with lots of bits in it like baby wipes, bibs nappy cream and a few bits for herself etc... what would you guys advise to put it. Id like to get things she will use and will help her save money in the current climate. thanks!
milis Posts: 7998
Put some silcock's base in it!!! And don't put Johnson's products in it. I've heard of loads of people getting these as presents and then not using them because they don't suit baba's skin.
aylala Posts: 3673
I usually stick a bottle of champers in for the mammy too :lvs
[quote="Aylala":2g3xpg99]I usually stick a bottle of champers in for the mammy too :lvs[/quote:2g3xpg99] Will you be my friend? :o0
[quote="Milis":2yendy4t]Put some silcock's base in it!!! And don't put Johnson's products in it. I've heard of loads of people getting these as presents and then not using them because they don't suit baba's skin.[/quote:2yendy4t] Sorry now but whats silcock's base? :-8 Good tip on the johnsons products! This girls would be more a bottle of miller, might just put that in to. :o0
Silcock's base is a cream that midwives suggest for cleaning baby for the first few months before trying out other products. From what I can figure out it's very mild, and so suits everyone *) You get it in the baby section of the chemist.
Thank you Milis!
Daff Posts: 11644
Silcocks base if will a cream, but you can use it as a moisturiser, a soap etc it's really versatile. I used it on dry skin I had on my arm, adn a rash and it's great. it's not expensive at all and it lasts a long time. I sometimes even use it on my legs as a soap when shaving, it's great for things like that. If you ask in the chemist they'll show you where it is. HTH
tilsun Posts: 4506
Going off the topic but Silcocks Base is one of my favourite things *) I have eczema and it is wonderful. I recently saw on Ireland AM that it is great for preventing stretchmarks and a lot cheaper than Bio oil
aylala Posts: 3673
No probs Milis :wv god I'll be wiped out after all the Dec mammies give birth :o0 Tilsun loving the tip on Silcocks Base for Stretchmarks My MIL has been buying us J&J stuff but I said to my mam not to get us any in case the baby isn't able for it so its not left to waste