Best Man Speech

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

August 08 Posts: 58
Hi Girls H2B has just rang me at work, wondering if I could do a bit of research for him into the best man speech. He is best man for his brother on Sat and is looking for ideas. Anyone able to help me out here, his mate mentioned some websites to hime but it kind of went over his head at the time!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a mill in advance :thnk
Mrs Jones Posts: 566
if you do a google search for best man speeches you get loads of hits, you should be able to find something half-decent
mrs aug 07 Posts: 817
My recommendation is that he raves and raves about how fab the bride is and go on about all the fantastic work she has done in organising the wedding! He cant go wrong!! :wv
August 08 Posts: 58
Will pass that message on to H2B, he is taking it very serious altogether, he wants to get it 100% right for the special couple on Saturday!! :xox
mrs aug 07 Posts: 817
Only right too in fairness. So come on girls help her any other suggestions!!
Pearly Whites Posts: 707
i suppose write out a list of do's and dont's!! google should throw up good ideas. Also they always mention the Bridesmaids too?!?
TokenMale Posts: 6845
I've been best man twice, and I have to say, the secret of a successful best man's speech is not printing something off the internet. By all means, use a few jokes to steady yourself, but really you need to talk from the heart, about the groom. Keep it light, tell some stories, mention how deadly the bride is. Remember, traditionally you're responding on behalf of the bridesmaids for the groom's toast to them, so you need to mention the great job they did as well. Remember, [b:1qoipts9]writing a good speech will take time[/b:1qoipts9] so don't just expect to knock one out in an hour.
MRSWJ Posts: 540
[quote:12ke686g]I've been best man twice, and I have to say, the secret of a successful best man's speech is not printing something off the internet. By all means, use a few jokes to steady yourself, but really you need to talk from the heart, about the groom. Keep it light, tell some stories, mention how deadly the bride is. Remember, traditionally you're responding on behalf of the bridesmaids for the groom's toast to them, so you need to mention the great job they did as well. Remember, writing a good speech will take time so don't just expect to knock one out in an hour.[/quote:12ke686g] If I get re-married will you be our best man :o0 :o0 Seriously though I agree with Token Male. My DH's brother was brutal. He introduce my Dad, introduce my Hubby, read out three cards and that was it. No Joke, he didn't say anything nice about his own brother, no stories, nothing >:o(
BellaBee Posts: 2506
Think you have to pay to access the majority of the speeches on the below but its supposed to be the best there is on the internet super hiway!! Best of luck to himself and HTH!
HappyEverAfter Posts: 143
Have to agree. Get your DH to think of all the terrible, and nice, things his brother did on him. Just to warn the bride that this is what she is getting herself in to.