best place to go for a weekend spa

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dita Posts: 960
O.k looking to book a girly weekend away that involves a a really good Spa..one of the girls was talking about Monart but honestly the prices are mad...so I'm looking for something as good but with out the hefty price tag... so the problem is we all live in different locations... The West of Ireland, the Midlands, Dublin and Waterford... Any advice on good places to go to, or would Dublin be the best bet..that way the longest anyone would have to drive is 2 hours... Where in Dublin would be the best to go aswell..or where in the Midlands would be good...
streaks Posts: 3592
How about the osprey in naas, spa is lovely and they do some really good deals, there's also the killashee in naas, carton house in Maynooth or seafield in gorey has a fab spa and the room rates are quite good! Check out all of the above and see where has the best rate as all are lovely properties :wv
bridesmaid30 Posts: 14
the Dunboyne castle in Meath is a lovely place and the spa is fab. they do good deals too. Maybe worth checking out
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
Honestly monart is in a league of his own but I agree best to save for a really special occasion. I 2nd dunboyne castle- such good value, great deals and we loved the spa. Not as plush as monart but we really felt at home there and we were so relaxed leaving
Girl Posts: 195
Whites Hotel in Wexford town have a lovely spa... The hotel is in a great position in the middle of the town too.
FunnyFace Posts: 225
I think Dunboyne is lovely too. The spa is really nice there. Also Knightsbrook just outside Trim
Shopgirl 1 Posts: 660
I second the seafield in Gorey as someone else mentioned. I don't think Monart can be beaten on experience though, its amazing and if you can find the extra its so worth it...I stayed in a room with two other girls on a girlie weekend, we paid €175 each for two nights B&B ..breakfast is amazing! You have entry to the spa with that and there is so much there you dont even need the treatments. Bar food is priced quite well also so it doesn't have to be made expensive, but is a real treat!
bridalnowmam Posts: 2202
heritage hotel and spa killenard co laois Fab hotel and spa !
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
Hodson Bay in Athlone, they have fab spa hotel rooms that are attached to the spa separate from main hotel and the spa there is amazing! Or Lyrath in Kilkenny?
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
+1 on Hodson Bay, its gorgeous Heading to Dunboyne Castle Spa this weekend, can't wait!!