Best Remedy for Stretch Marks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Hi girls, I've got terrible stretch marks on my thighs and am wondering whats the best remedy for them? Rosehip oil, bio oil etc etc. Would love to hear of something that actually works. Ideally in a month :-) Lxxx
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
I don't think there is any remedy for them except time :o( If you find one let me know!
Emme Posts: 4735
I think, based on anything I've read the only remedy is good genes! I would think though that the hype around Bio Oil isn't based on just nothing having said that.
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Hubby had some very red stretch marks, all due to his weight, and he was so self consious about them. He went on a major diet and someone recommended that Bio-Oil stuff - he was thrilled with the results. It was a huge difference, they went from "angry" red (is that the right way to say it), to a pink/silvery colour. He was so happy over it, that he actually was happy to take his top off to go swimming when we were on holidays. Before that, it was easily 15yrs the last time he did that. Whenever I hear of a friend announcing a pregnancy, I always send them a tube of Palmers Stretch Marks Cream, and they love it! I'd say genes play a huge part in all of that.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I have stretch marks on my thighs and fully expected to get them on my tummy when I got pregnant. I started using Bio Oil from about ten weeks on and have no stretch marks now at all, at 27 weeks. I use it twice a day and lash on a fair amount. I also used the Palmers on my thighs a while back but the smell didn't suit me. I do love the Palmers cocoa butter in a tub, I use that all over. I might be lucky so far but the Bio Oil seems to have done the trick for me! I know people say its down to genes, so I'm not sure why I got stretch marks on legs but not tummy, maybe its just luck and I will get them when I get even bigger. Thumbs up for Bio Oil from me anyway!