Best smokey eye, make up???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

luckyj Posts: 68
I looked but couldn't find a thread on this topic. I need more make up and want to give DH a list as part of my xmas present. Can anyone recommend a good eyeshadow pallet for smokey eyes. I've used Benefit before but just wondering if there are any better ones. TIA :thnk
McLisa Posts: 1815
Urban decay naked palette is fab highly recommend
lilytiger Posts: 536
I'd second the urban decay palette's, I've the book of shadows 4 and I love it, it's so versatile and there's loads of tutorials on you tube for all the different looks you can achieve with it.
nicmurphy Posts: 149
I'd 3rd the urban decay palette, got it as a present and I have used nothin else since Gettin it, love it
Mrs W Posts: 2923
There's an urban decay smokey eye, it has tutorials and all with it too. I've just bought the naked 1 but smokey is on my Christmas list!!
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
I'm also a fan of Urban Decay
luckyj Posts: 68
Thank you so much for the tips ladies. Urban decay is the sure winner. I will pop into them during the week and pick out one for my santa list :)
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
+1 A resounding recommendation for Urban Decay Naked palette on WOL! The original one (velvet box not tin box) has gorgeous metallic smokey shades. The brush that comes with it is great quality too. SIL gave me the Naked palette for Christmas two years ago, it came with a make up lesson for U.D. Dundrum and it's the only eye shadow I have used since.
Dovetail Posts: 293
I'd also say urban decay - I have both palettes. But have a look at clarins too - they've released one that's very similar but less sparkley than the urban decay.
Eleanor Rigby Posts: 1067
+1 to Urban Decay Naked! I get tonnes of use out of it! I love it because it has nice shimmery shades, if matte eye shadow is more your bag then Naked 2 would suit better!